• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch part Qs

LanceRobson

Hello

Does anyone know if the older style four finger pressure plate and the newer style three finger plate can be used with both the older and newer style clutch discs?

What I'm trying to figure out is, can the three finger plate be used with the old five point clutch disc.

I have a truck that I'd like to get back together on very short notice and I can get a three fingered plate and a five fingered clutch disc quickly.

Thanks

Lance

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like your going to have to try it out and let us know.

Why do you think they would not be compatible?

AMGeneral

The 4 finger or 3 finger pressure plate will work with the 5 puck style ceramic deuce clutch disk with no problems.

I have used both types in my deuce with no ill effects.

LanceRobson

Actually, stooging around the internet a few minutes ago I found that the three fingered pressure plate replaces and is interchangeable with the older four finger one. I don't know if the four fingered one will work with the metallic clutch disk, though.

My concern was that I can put my hands on a three fingered pressure plate and an old style disk and from what I found, I am OK.

Thanks for the input.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks