• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1009 License plate mounting, Rear

rhinob

Greetings,

So The Maddawg Mike was kind enough to stop by and sell me a proper trailer pintel for my M1009. Currently my license plate is mounted where this pintel belongs and will need to be moved. Can anyone provide photographic evidence of where this tag belongs? Thanks much!

K9Vic

This is where I put mine and ran a light to make it legal as I drive through cities that will stop you for no plate light. With all the small screw holes already in the tail gate and the rust, it was no big deal to me making more holes.

Attachments

rhinob

Thanks again Mike. Went right on. Also re-mounted the license plate using rubber rivnuts. Nice thing about them, they seal the newly drilled hole. Will run a wire and light tomorrow.

Still looking for a bridge plate and shackles! :deadhorse:

Attachments

rhinob

Got the shackles and rear license plate lighting. Still no luck with a bridge plate. Here's a photo of the lighting. They're new Hella Euro tail light assemblies. Two lights for the long tag....

Attachments

rhinob

No cage,i'm afraid.Only has MP stencils front,rear and sides.Bumper stencils are the originals...4thCEC HQ4.
Ah, so you also have a light bar in red. Any legal issues with running a light bar? Is that original to the vehicle? Also, I'm guessing yours was not a K-9. I'd posted a thread asking for K-9 marked M1009's but I guess they're pretty rare. Thanks for the shot!

tankie88

Those little lights on the bumper are normal orange marker lights but blacked out with tape.As you know the turn signal lights are in the parking lights.Here in the UK the road gestapo say parking lights have to white.So the previous owner put in clear bulbs and moved the turn signal down to the orange marker lights on the bumper.I of course have changed it all back to original and blacked out the marker lights.As for the lightbar,i put that on the vehicle.Over here it's blue for the fire dept,police,coastguard,ambulance and EOD.Green is for Doctors and Animal docs.We don't use Red over here,but some of the keen road gestapo try to be smart by pulling the "only red lights to be shown to the rear" trick.But there is nothing they can do about it.I can even have a blue one as long as it's not turned on while on a public highway.

rhinob

Those little lights on the bumper are normal orange marker lights but blacked out with tape.As you know the turn signal lights are in the parking lights.Here in the UK the road gestapo say parking lights have to white.So the previous owner put in clear bulbs and moved the turn signal down to the orange marker lights on the bumper.I of course have changed it all back to original and blacked out the marker lights.As for the lightbar,i put that on the vehicle.Over here it's blue for the fire dept,police,coastguard,ambulance and EOD.Green is for Doctors and Animal docs.We don't use Red over here,but some of the keen road gestapo try to be smart by pulling the "only red lights to be shown to the rear" trick.But there is nothing they can do about it.I can even have a blue one as long as it's not turned on while on a public highway.
Thanks for all the details. My '38 FBW has semiphores for turn signals, but also some small and very vintage turn signals on the fenders. These were clearly not stock, but work better as they don't confuse other drivers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks