• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Pintle Modification for standard all hitch trailer

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do a search here on SS in the deuce modification forum for "receiver AND hitch"-all your questions will be answered in great depth, including which part #'s to use.

mckeeranger

Hi Guys,

Is there a modification to attach a regular ball hitch to the Pintle hook on a M35A3? The Pintle hook is about few feet above the standard ball hitch height.

Thank You!
You should see this thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/46506-deuce-removeable-hitch.html

It's an M35A2, but the modification should be the same.

Or do what Clinto said, and use the search for even more ideas.
(Clinto is fast on the draw, he posted while I was typing)

1978davidw

i have a bolt on reciever that takes the standard 2X2 plug in hitch for balls etc. Im going to remove it from my truck i can take a pic and send to you if you think you might be interested in it.

wehring

Hitch

I had a US hitch company make batch of Class V (20,000#) hitches for the deuce. They have double receivers (2 1/2" over a 2") and they attach to the side of the frame in EXISTING bolt holes with 1/2" plate. The ball height is ~19" off the ground when used with the Magnum drop shank.

Look up Torklift Superhitch Magnum on Google to read about the company.

$650 for the hitch.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

2old2humps

A3 removable hitch

I used the idea of Recht71 building this hitch. The A3 has a cross member located where he mounted his supports so i removed the A3 tie downs and installed 1" plates for the hitch pins. If i were to use 5/8 bolts it would make it super solid. later Jim.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks