• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter bracket by Gm Discontinued once stock depleted

Gm Part Number Via Cucv Wiki

And the part # would be?

im Sorry about that the Gm number that i used was in the unit parts tm its Gm 14028931 they Couldnt tell me how many were left how ever im sure once they get to a point an after market company like lmc or brothers will just buy whats left and sell it as nos and mark the price up i think $3each was all paid for each one i went ahead and bought 2

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a part number for the bolts..?

Thanks,
Andy.

If you scroll down to the very bottom of this page, you'll see a few similar threads listed. Read the one that says starter bolts in the title. Theres your part numbers. Also, A quick Advanced Search for "starter bolt number" in the CUCV forum, should yield the answer to your question.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to clarify.....Is the discontinued bracket the new style Gear Reduction Starter Bracket - GM 23502557 (left) or the older style Direct Drive Starter Bracket - GM 14028931 (right)?

Attachments

Last edited:

AWheelsOhio

im Sorry about that the Gm number that i used was in the unit parts tm its Gm 14028931 they Couldnt tell me how many were left how ever im sure once they get to a point an after market company like lmc or brothers will just buy whats left and sell it as nos and mark the price up i think $3each was all paid for each one i went ahead and bought 2

A google search turned up 14028931 - GM BRACE

looks like they still have the item.

Just to clarify.....Is the discontinued bracket the new style Gear Reduction Starter Bracket - GM 23502557 (left) or the older style Direct Drive Starter Bracket - GM 14028931 (right)?
A part number alone doesn't necessarily mean that they have stock...

The Web holds onto info for years.

'Tanner'

Good question warthog i think it might be for the orginal starter as i got the gm number from the tm in the cucv wiki Thanks for pointing that out as now im not sure ill be able to use the brackets i bought we will wait and see and thanks tanner For the Defense lol its all good ;-)[thumbzup]

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered 6 of the old style direct drive brackets from gmpartsdirect.com (chevy dealer) and they arrived in a few days. No issues.

BIG_RED

I ordered 6 of the old style direct drive brackets from gmpartsdirect.com (chevy dealer) and they arrived in a few days. No issues.
Can you confirm that 14028931 is the correct part number for the bracket for direct drive (older, larger) style starter?

Just clarifying, thanks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you confirm that 14028931 is the correct part number for the bracket for direct drive (older, larger) style starter?

Just clarifying, thanks.
Per the TM 9-2320-289-20p, the starter bracket for the older style Direct Drive starter is indeed GM 14028931. (right)

The newer Gear Reduction starter braket is GM 23502557 (left)

Attachments

Reverend Evil

I just got an email from gmpartsdirect stating the old style (14028931) is all gone...Guess i am getting a refund... kinda bites wanted an extra... oh well guess i will be building mine...

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple, or maybe 6?, months ago my parts guy (GMC) told me that BOTH brackets had been discontinued and that when the stock was gone there would be no more to be had from GM. The bolts are still in stock and will remain in stock as they are also used in other applications.

southdave

Hold the horses the new 6.5 motor AMG uses the same crap that was on the gm as long as the motor is still made and install humvee there will be someone cranking out part for the Gov.. just my two cents