• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter bracket by Gm Discontinued once stock depleted

K9Vic

Figured it would be best to bump a post that is related to the subject I wanted to post.

So I did a search trying to find out if I can get the starter bracket for my freshly rebuilt 27MT direct drive starter as the bracket was missing when I took it out to get rebuilt. So reading this post I figured I would not be able to find one and if I did it would take too long to get. So the guy that rebuilt my started simply told me that I can take the same size angle iron and bend it to work. So that is what I did and cut a small section out on one end to bend the angle and then welded the slice back after it was bend. Measured up the holes, drilled them out and it was a perfect fit. Took me about 1.5 hours to make as I was taking my time to not mess it up.

89m1007, are you still up to making these? For the record it would cost me too much to make the 27MT bracket as I am cutting and welding that takes allot more time than a machine stamping it out.

Here is the bracket, last picture is an original bracket stalled that I used as the template.

Attachments

shkira

Bracket Still Available?

Unfortunately, I discovered my bracket was missing too late. One broken bolt. Hopefully, nothing worse.

If still available please let me know your paypal address. PM sent.

Thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gear reduction bracket is still available. The part number is listed above. Cost was ~$15 last I checked.

Hasdrubal

Part number for AC Delco starter bolts ; 15544950. I see them listed for 20 plus dollars, search around, couple of months ago I bought 4 off Amazon for $1.24 ea.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are all the part numbers for the starters, starter bolts and the support brackets

DD - direct drive
GR - gear reduction
starter bolt - 15544950
bracket bolt - 14060613 - M8 x 1.25 x 20 - hardware store
starter bracket DD - 14028931
starter bracket GR - 23502557
DD rebuild kit - http://www.aspwholesale.com/index.ph...productId=6174
GR rebuild kit - http://www.aspwholesale.com/index.ph...productId=5977
DD rebuilt 24v starter - Wilson WIL 91014376
GR rebuilt 24v starter - Wilson WIL 91014417

The gear reduction starter and bracket are on the left and the direct drive on the right

Attachments

bigginstactical

image(13).jpgphoto(11).jpgSo I pulled my starter today to check things out. I'm nervous because this appears to be the gear reduction starter but it has the old style bracket? Can this cause damage to anything? The teeth look in good shape on the truck and starter. I'm going to buy the new style bracket asap. Should I be looking for damages? Thanks for your responses.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't know the old style bracket would fit with the gear reduction installed.

Save the old bracket for when/if you ever get a direct drive.

bigginstactical

I didn't either..... I looked up and thought oh crap! Pulled on it and wiggled it and it seemed really solid... weird! When it was starting it started great haha. Have to go through all my connections and this was one of my first stops to check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks