• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dash lights not working

fal_shooter

All the indicator lights work. Turn signals work. The only lights that do not work or the center lights for speedo and fuel. Checked/changed the bulbs. Checked the fuses. Checked/changed the headlight switch. When I turn on the headlights I do not have any dash lights.

Any suggestions?

Any civilian part numbers for replacement dash parts?

Winter is comming and I would like to know how fast I am going and how far I can go when I am driving in the dark. The old shining the flashlight on the dash trick is getting old.

Anyone have a instrument cluster they can part with?

1986Blazerk5

Barrman

Does your horn work? If not, then attention needs to be paid to the black out light switches. If your horn works, then.

The gauge cluster is basically a normal Chevy part. That means the silly flexible printed circuit stuff could be messed up or broken. I would recommend you pull the gauge cluster.

Lay it down in front of you. With the fuel gauge to your left as you look at the back of the cluster, the plug slot will be just right of center bottom. The very bottom right tab on the plug slot will be the ground. The second from the top right tab will be the power to the dash lights. Try running a 12V source that way. If they light up, then you have a problem on the truck somewhere between the light switch and the plug for the gauge cluster.

If they don't light up, then you need to pull each light, try power to the contacts and see if the bulb and holder actually work. If they do, then trace the circuits back to the plugs and see where the break is. I have come across bad holders, dirty contacts, bad bulbs and broken circuits with this really stupid design over the years. Patience and a good wiring diagram is all you really need to make things right.

Here is a great thread about where things are located on the dash:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/46054-cucv-instrument-cluster-decoded.html

raiburn

Both of my CUCV's had missing bulbs. Disconnect the batteries as an extra precaution when removing this stuff. Folks on SS talk about shorting out the voltage gauge, and sparks flyin'.

TedO

I need electrical help. On my M1008, all of the panel lights are out, and the 12 v from the fuse box that is switchable using the blackout toggle no longer has any voltage readings using a voltmeter. Still have the 28v reading, and the non-switchable 12v. I had a tach powered from the switchable 12v from the fuse box. It no longer works. The headlights still work, and switch off using the blackout toggle. Everything was working fine until recently. I checked all the fuses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks