• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Trucks On The Job! post your pics!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the concept of a contact maintenance truck, but I wouldn't get one, only because I see more general utility of a regular pickup bed, like a M880 or M1008. I would, however, have a tag-along trailer like a M116 pioneer tool setup to haul all the gear and genset that the -1031 would normally have. That way, if I need a pickup, I just take the truck. If I need the tools, I hookup and pull the trailer.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the concept of a contact maintenance truck, but I wouldn't get one, only because I see more general utility of a regular pickup bed, like a M880 or M1008. I would, however, have a tag-along trailer like a M116 pioneer tool setup to haul all the gear and genset that the -1031 would normally have. That way, if I need a pickup, I just take the truck. If I need the tools, I hookup and pull the trailer.
Except if you're at Haspin and someone gets their exhaust tied up beneath their truck (like a wedgie gone real bad) then you don't have to be concerned with connecting a trailer in the pouring rain and mud.

I do however, want a pioneer tool trailer (long bed) to tow behind my contact maintenance truck. Can't have too many tools.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's my ex Alaska NG SECM nursing up to the Case track hoe for a little TLC.
To me, the M1031 with the aluminum box, PTO generator and Miller XMT300 CC/CV welder is a dream rig which will still be useful long after the 1008's are done and gone.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, Docfarmall bought my SECM trailer to put behind his M1031 SECM. Guess you can't have too many tools.

b4thundr

Here's my ex Alaska NG SECM nursing up to the Case track hoe for a little TLC.
To me, the M1031 with the aluminum box, PTO generator and Miller XMT300 CC/CV welder is a dream rig which will still be useful long after the 1008's are done and gone.
absolutely could not agree more! were trying to save ours as much as possible!! definitely not driving it in the winter!!! in the barn it goes!!! lol