• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Ambulance Crosses

dfret1987

The M1010 I bought 6 months ago does not have the white/red crosses and I was wondering if anyone has the dimensions and or close up pictures of how they mount. I will be painting the truck this winter and would like to mount the boards at the time.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't own a 1010, however I asked a good friend of mine that restorted his. His reply;

"2 Small red cross panels that attach to air conditioning unit are 4"x 4"
2 Side panels that have the cadeceus stencil are 12" x 12"
2 Side large red cross panels are 39" x 39"
2 Rear door red cross panels are 18" x 18"
1 Roof is 64" x 64" but sheet alum is not available that big, so we went
without. Only deuce drivers can see up there anyway."

"Since the panels were already painted gloss white, we lightly sanded them
with a fine grit sandpaper and then painted them Rustoleum Flat White.
The red is Rustoleum Regal Red and only came in gloss finish. Our
solution was to add baby powder to the paint to counter act the gloss. TM
specs say that the panels should be flat and not gloss, which is why we
did this. It did smell good, so that was an added bonus."

I will see if I can get over to his place in the next week or so and snap a few close up pictures for you to see how they are attached to the rig.

I hope this helps you.
Karl

Attachments

CUCV1986

Hey, that's my M1010!
I forgot to tell Karl (antennaclimber) about the Geneva cross dimensions. The crosses are all proportioned the same and centered on the panels. For example the 18" rear panels have 15" crosses with 5" "arms" and a 5" square "center". The 39" side panels have 36" crosses with 12" "arms". The Air conditioner crosses are 3" and the roof 60"

The cadeceus stencil is really a decal that is not available. I used a stencil that is not of the exact correct style. I hope to reproduce the decal eventually but there is a lot of work needed to clean up the graphic.

The rear of the panels are green so they can be reversed. There are two styles of clips used to attach them depending on the year the body was produced. They were mild steel and are frequently rusted badly or missing. I had to cannabilize four M1010s to get a complete set for mine.

Good luck with your M1010

Mike

dfret1987

Thank you for all of the info and input so far.

I work for a screen printing company so I may be able to help with the cadeceus decal/stencil either in cleaning it up or producing decals. Let me know if I can be of help.

I was planning on painting the other side of the panel in camo to match the truck when I install the panels. I have a small sign shop next to work so if I get some close ups he may be able to get me the material I need for the panels and mounting.

CUCV1986

The reverse of the panels are just solid green, and don't have a camo pattern. Original panels I have measured mic at .045" thick. Apparently this is not available and we used .040" Aluminum instead.

That is fantastic news on the screen printing, it may be just what we need to reproduce the cadeceus panels. I will contact you via PM to work on the details.

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks