• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug card repaired

dstang97

First off I want to thank 1stsarge for helping me out. I spent a long time on the phone with him and he walked me through the jist of the card. He then gave me the part numbers of the "most common parts to go bad" he said that he has repaired all cards with only using these parts. I only had to replace the first 2.

The part numbers are: (find them on google)

1) 1n4748A
2) 2n6388
3) LM339

Does anyone want to donate some cards so I can keep trying/learning???

DeepSea1985

First off I want to thank 1stsarge for helping me out. I spent a long time on the phone with him and he walked me through the jist of the card. He then gave me the part numbers of the "most common parts to go bad" he said that he has repaired all cards with only using these parts. I only had to replace the first 2.

The part numbers are: (find them on google)

1) 1n4748A
2) 2n6388
3) LM339

Does anyone want to donate some cards so I can keep trying/learning???

A friend just sent me the link to this, I realize thread is old but have a question....When I search for the LM339 part number on Allied Electronics site, 11 results come up, all with letters following the part number. Are they all the same part, just from different manufacturers?

llong66

Deepsea, I just took a look at the results on Allied and noted that some of them are diff. voltages. I am planning on trying to repair mine, I dont have it here in front of me, but you might see if the one on your card has a specific number, or man. and go from there.

dstang97

can any old computer geek handle this type of thing? Or can I ask here how much you would charge to fix it? I bought a new one from antenna climber but I would love to have a spare.
I would not bother paying anyone. Especially since antennaclimber's cards are very affordable. I did mine because the cards were expensive at the time and I had nothing to loose. If people are throwing them out I would appreciate them sending them to me. Just like messing with them and knowing I could fix it.

dstang97

I would buy the parts and try it yourself. It's really not hard and worth a try. We have long winters and it gets pretty boring here. If you want to send it to me I can try but it may not work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks