• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reattaching the Engine Stop Handle

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The handle on my "Engine Stop" cable has come off. I've tried using the dead blow to re-seat it but that only lasted a couple of uses.

Have any of you encountered this problem and been able to fix it? The vice grips on the cable end are just so much less elegant!

It is Number 2 in the photo below (shamelessly taken from the Multi-fuel operator's guide).

Attachments

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
new cable?
I was afraid of that!

I think that is the only way to truely fix it, unless you super glue it or drill and run a set screw or pin
I wouldn't think that super glue would hold, but I have not tried it. I wanted to save the 'messy' solution for last. HOWEVER! I like your idea of drilling a small hole and using a set screw or pin. I should have thought of that. Thank you for being the brains of this here operation.

:jumpin:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd just spend $12.50 and buy a new one.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We have one like this, I am going to attempt something JB Weld-ish. If that doesn't work, I will pull a new cable out of inventory.

rlwm211

I drilled and tapped the handle off of mine installed a set screw and it holds ok. I would rather replace it and probably will come summer.

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks