• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had some input from two friends. I basically re-did the whole coolant filter hose routing. Changed some fitting's direction with street elbows and rotated the tees. MUCH better now. THANKS.

[thumbzup]

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update

CAM01507.jpgGot the Deuce in Oct, had to replace a lot of removed items, like spare tire rack, Spare Tire, Pioneer Rack, a New Radiator, fixed Tail Light issue, got new seat covers, fixed Headlight issue, and fixed the Troop Seats, just to name a few things. Now that the weather broke, she's getting painted! More pictures soon! :clinto:

Last edited:

wilfreeman

Thanks! You know, there have been quite a few people that have said the same thing lately - I appreciate all of the positive comments about her - that makes me think that my brother and I did a good job with the bobbing! We were going for the g506 (ww2, 1.5ton, single axle truck) look. It is actually fun to drive now - will do 62mph and park anywhere a dually will. Fun to running around town.

I want to put a cover on the bed, but will have to locate one for a good price, considering it will cost me another $100-150 to get it shortened by 3'. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another Ahab [h=2]
[/h]

Originally Posted by Gralmk
Now that the weather broke, she's getting painted! More pictures soon!

("That's a funky paint-job; and an interesting camo scheme. I kind of like it. Is there a story behind that?")

There's always a story! I've attached today's photos! The camo is based on me volunteering in 1974 in Germany for a crew to work nights to paint our trucks with the first camo patterns! I did, and this week I did again!! This is basically the MASTER 7th Army Camo. Give or take the same oops I did in 1974!:)CAM01555.jpg CAM01549.jpg
Drive side Photo is complete less putting the cab top back on and install cargo cover. Oh yea, and add the unit markings!​

Dipstick

Wil

My bobber looks a lot like yours with the exception it's O.D. Green and runs Firestone tires. It's my Avatar. Did you use front springs and hangers to support the rear?

wilfreeman

Wil

My bobber looks a lot like yours with the exception it's O.D. Green and runs Firestone tires. It's my Avatar. Did you use front springs and hangers to support the rear?
Yeah, I remember asking you about it before we did ours. Yes, we used the front suspension on the rear - front hangers. We still haven't installed shocks though - that is on the short list though.

Dipstick

patracy.....very cool Deuce!!! What make of boom do you have on the back? How heavy is it (approximately). How do you power the hydraulics?

TsgtB

I got my hubs flipped, my wheel bearings lubed, brakes checked, got my 395s on MRAP wheels on, drove it around the block (90 psi, like rocks).

Aired the fronts down to 50 and rears down to 30, took it for a drive, PERFECT.... I took her up a nice local highway hill, at a steady 52 mph (indicated) maybe hit 2100 rpm without any struggles.

Dipstick

I finally took Brutus to the truck wash in Easton P.A. He looks a lot better now minus all of the pollen and road salt.Brutus at Truck Wash small.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks