• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002A IP - You guys that have taken 'em apart...

treeguy

When I was working on mine one of the parts diagrams in the TM showed a spacer in the fuel delivery valve area. If I remember right, mine didn't have one and I was confused as to what it was needed for. I put mine back together with what I had and she runs fine. I thought it was just a simple issue of different internal parts just like the TM shows a different rod driving set up than what I actually had.

LuckyDog

Lucky Dog,
If you have problems with the return line fittings, let me know.
Jerry
Will do. We had to cut the one from the pump to the TEE that connects the injector return lines. (-24P, Fig 40, #4) Replaced it with brake line & flare fittings. Haven't tightened it up yet. So I don't know if it will seal or not.

Have noticed the fitting on the IP for the return is not a run-o-the-mill Tee fitting (-24P, Fig 49, #45). (Mine is a tee, not a check valve like in the figure.) It has a VERY small hole on the IP side. It was plugged with solidified fuel. I did get a small sewing needle to pass through.

Any idea of the diameter that I should ream it out too??????? I have heard that if that is plugged, the motor won't run right. I'm guessing that it has to due with "Vapor Lock". As the pump warms up, the air that is trapped expands, the plunger then is only compressing air, NOT sending fuel to the injectors. That might explain why an engine will run for a short time, stop, not restart unless let set for a spell.

Quick experiment, take an empty soda bottle (plastic); cap it real tight in a warm house, put it outside (or into the refridgerator) and you will see the effect (in reverse) that I am talking about.

Maybe Keith or Tom will way in.?.?

storeman

"(Mine is a tee, not a check valve like in the figure.) It has a VERY small hole on the IP side. It was plugged with solidified fuel. I did get a small sewing needle to pass through. "

I'm not aware of that hole. Will have to check mine to see if is the same and plugged.
Thanks,
Jerry

LuckyDog

The Rebuild kit parts

So, Here is what you get in the KT85166:

DSCN0387.jpg

Looking at the parts diagram: http://www.ambac.net/images/9540A.pdf

Looks like part numbers
(#5) SR 8515
(#1) GA 100282
(#9) GA 1182
(#6) GA 1194
(#19) GA 7615
(#15) GA 1085

If you notice, every part in the pdf linked has an * next to it. The line at the very bottom of the pages states "* Denotes parts included in Repair Gasket Kit KT 85236"

I don't know what the other copper gasket is for. Different pump?

RichardR

LuckyDog,

Yes, now that you have pointed it out, it's obvious even to me that the items in KT85166 are clearly indicated in the parts drawings. :-o Thanks for taking the time to make the list!!

Don't know what the extra copper washer could be. The only parts that look sort of like that item are WA2007 and GA8527 :?:.

Thanks,
Richard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks