• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Symbol on door of some MVs

dirtyfingernails

I've noticed a symbol on a number of vehicles that I would like to know what is. It's a "^" found on the driver's door. Seems to be common to desert storm vehicles. I'm ex-military but have to plead stupid on this one. Thanks.
DFN

Jones

The inverted vee was a designator for friendly force equipment so we wouldn't fire on our own guys. That worked 'til the bad guys figured it out and started putting it on their stuff. Currently, "chill plates" are used which give a dark section when viewed through IR gear.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a search for "inverted V" on here.. If you have more questions, let me know, as I manufacture the inverted V's for Uncle Sam...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks