• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AVM or Selectro Hubs

Westech

CPL
Well I want to get a set of hubs... I ordered a set from Summit racing but they were on back order for 31 days...... so I canned the order.

I can get AVM from CC today or the Selectro from a different suppler
But what hub is better? Do the AVM's really stick out?
What do you guys think?

Westy

Whitey

Well I want to get a set of hubs... I ordered a set from Summit racing but they were on back order for 31 days...... so I canned the order.

I can get AVM from CC today or the Selectro from a different suppler
But what hub is better? Do the AVM's really stick out?
What do you guys think?

Westy
The AVM's stick out about 3 1/2 inches.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just measured all three (again)....

From the mounted wheel, outer surface of center, to top of FW hub:

Selectro = 3-1/4"
AVM = 4"
Ouverson = 4-1/2"

G.

DirtMagnet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that everything OE makes is outstanding. Plus he would have no problem helping you out or honoring a warranty. I have used AVM in the past on Nissan's which have performed flawlessly in the worst environments for extended periods of time so THAT is why I chose AVM. But I would definitely consider Ouverson.

Parker2

All I've read about Selectro's say's there good except Gringletaube has reported that they let water in. I don't plan on doing any river crossings so I picked the Selectro's because they are the lowest profile and have a good reputation. Also I think they look the best. :beer::beer:

jatonka

I am the original AVM distributor in the USA for several years and was the person to convince AVM to re-tool to make them again after ceasing production many years ago. I sell them and I am not as cheap as CC Equipment, but I did all the work to get them made again. I have never had a hub failure on any customer's vehicle, frony or rear, whether a deuce or mud bogger civy with rockwells. They are dependable.

I used and sold Selectros, they worked well, sometimes engaged very hard. I personnaly don't believe they are still available as new production parts and no one has shown me where I can actually pay for and get a set delivered. JT out

OD_Coyote

I like the Ouverson and AVM hubs, but went with Selectros because they do not stick out as much. I have had them for over (4) years now without issue, but then I only have a couple thousand miles on them.

sewerzuk

I used and sold Selectros, they worked well, sometimes engaged very hard. I personnaly don't believe they are still available as new production parts and no one has shown me where I can actually pay for and get a set delivered. JT out
I bought a set from Summit Racing a few months ago; I was told at the time that they were about a month out, but they were on my doorstep in about 2 weeks. Been running them on my deuce for at least 3 months.

Parker2

I just had a set delivered fresh from Mile Marker. They are still in production. The delivery took 2 or 3 weeks. I think they manufacture them as ordered (just a guess).
As for the profile, the Selectro's are only a 1/2 inch taller than the stock cap.

Last edited:

dabtl

I got the AVM lockouts from JT several years ago. No problems and they do not look out of place on the trucks.

Others sell them cheaper today. But, they do not contribute much more than a parts source. JT posts and makes a lot of stuff for us. So, when JT has it I buy from him. When ODiron has it, I buy from them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks