• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP wheels and tires on a deuce?

mdmorganwife

How does it ride and handle? Looks great. Love how the dogs ears fold over on his head!

It is going to take some getting used to. Feels like a whole different truck. She does want to wander a tad and the steering is touchy now. Still working on getting the air pressure just right. Right now it is 40 in the front, 25 in the rears and still riding on the center a little bit. The rears are almost there. As far as Deuce, (doggy) his ears want to stand up so bad!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
LOL, he is on a very strict diet... Great Dane's tummies are very sensitive, So all he gets is premium dog food and bones to chew on. I made the mistake of giving a tiny piece of the christmas ham.... and well I was paying for it all that night.
Drove the deuce to work today and getting onto base the gate guard was drooling so much that I was glad that it was raining so I didn't have to clean the side of the truck off when I got out. :drool:
I just gotta ask...was he drooling over the truck...or...er...YOU??:beer:
Sorry for asking mdmorgan. I'll shut up now!

HanksDeuce

Sorry to keep the thread on a tangent, but here's my 4 1/2 year old male Great Dane, Hudson. He's 190 lbs. My wife's occupation is a professional dog handler. Hudson is an AKC Champion, Grand Champion, and a Canine Good Citizen. He's also one helluva guard dog for the deuce!

Here is a Youtube video link of Hudson peeking over our 6 foot privacy fence at the neighbors a few years ago. We own the other Danes too!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWuCkQuYoQ4[/media]

Attachments

mdmorganwife

Sorry to keep the thread on a tangent, but here's my 4 1/2 year old male Great Dane, Hudson. He's 190 lbs. My wife's occupation is a professional dog handler. Hudson is an AKC Champion, Grand Champion, and a Canine Good Citizen. He's also one helluva guard dog for the deuce!

Here is a Youtube video link of Hudson peeking over our 6 foot privacy fence at the neighbors a few years ago. We own the other Danes too!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWuCkQuYoQ4[/media]
I have seen a video like that before and that is crazy! Deuce's dad was pushing 200lbs. He was the biggest in his litter... He is starting to like the sound of his own voice, sounding meaner and meaner everyday!

indy4x4fab

Banned
Updated pictures... :mrgreen: and all I have to say is GRRRRRR!!!!!!:driver:
truck looks great but, I would hait to be the guy how as to undo all those nuts just to patch a tire................ one hour of loosing nuts, ten mins to patch tire, anther hour to tighten all the nuts back down, ten mins to air back up and a fork lift to put the wheel back on. And I thought 16r20 on fmtv rims where bad, you guys make one he!! of a team I must say.

Drove the deuce to work today and getting onto base the gate guard was drooling so much that I was glad that it was raining so I didn't have to clean the side of the truck off when I got out. :drool:
It has something to do with attractive women driving larger then normal trucks, I have received more then my share of smacks to the back of the head by my wife for fogging up the windows when I see a cute 6'2'' blond driving a tri-axle dump truck down the road that's well developed in all the right spots (there happens to be a women owned company of heavy truck operators not ten mins from my house and they all five drive purple mack dump trucks). Its a very simple math problem attractive women + larger then normal trucks + uniform = OH MY GOD HIT ME AGAIN.

Hope you get a good laugh out of this, truck looks great tell hubby I got the check and I'm glad I could help with the valve cap adapter.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It is going to take some getting used to. Feels like a whole different truck. She does want to wander a tad and the steering is touchy now. Still working on getting the air pressure just right. Right now it is 40 in the front, 25 in the rears and still riding on the center a little bit. The rears are almost there. As far as Deuce, (doggy) his ears want to stand up so bad!
The wandering is caused by the shims between the springs and the axle up front. Those are put in for the stock bias plye tires to help return to center when steering. If you remove or reverse those shims, it will be better.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stock caster angle only is about +1.5º to +2.0º. From my experience that is OK for the 9.00-20 NDTs, but not for super-single radials. You'll need at least +4º to avoid that wandering symptom.

This is what I do.... (diagram, below)

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

mdmorganwife

I have ten wheels kinda like these, I dont know if I should go 5ton or 2 1/2ton bolt pattern.
Are they "kinda" like these or "are" they these? To use these wheels on a 5 ton you would have to machine out the centers like you do to put a hemmt rim on a 2 1/2 ton. They will NOT bolt directly on a 5 ton, the lug pattern won't work, the deuce worked great though with being able to fit the stock lug pattern inside the original hub hole.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I looked at mine they are the same wheel.
So it would be a lot easier and cheaper to put them on a 2 1/2 ton.
I can't say that for sure because I don't know how hard or expensive it would be to modify these wheels to fit a 5 ton. You could always be the first to try.

davearnold

Love your truck! I have decided I need a set of these wheels for my M109 camper. Can you send me an email with the source of your adapter I need set of those adapters. I love my new wheels now I just have to get them on my truck. :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks