• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Info on XM389?

steelandcanvas

Anyone ever run across an XM389 Trailer? This paticular unit is on-loan to the Club for restoral. The boxes are mounted on rubber isolators, which at one time contained electronic equipment. The wheel size is 9.00 x 16. Any insight to this "different duck" would be appreciated.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an M116 chassis with some interesting mods. Spring hangars have been lowered and the axle moved above the springs. Lots of work to gain almost no change in height. Weird

steelandcanvas

No clue here, interesting trailer. That left tire may need some air.:D
Thanks Man, the tires are toast.

Were gonna need pics of it opened up too!
Photo request duly noted, I have to wait for the wind to quit blowing 20-30 mph.

Looks like an M116 chassis with some interesting mods. Spring hangars have been lowered and the axle moved above the springs. Lots of work to gain almost no change in height. Weird

I'll see if I can't get some better photos of the chassis when I open her up for the inside shots. I also thought it was some derivative of the 116.

Maybe "Trailer, w/missile test body kit, 1-ton, 2-wheeled, (G840)"

Thanks Wayne I'll Google that and see what comes up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks