• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone install A/C like this yet?

cbturf

That just seems like the way to go for me. The under dash "form follows function' installation fits right in with the MVs we all love. While in service MVs have stuff taped, bolted, strapped and tied to them everywhere there is extra space.

Snuffy74

I am also interested in this unit. Got some extra cash coming in next week and just might pick one up, but I'd like to see how well it works before I spend for it.

tbearatkin

I think they need to add will not work with vehicles with duel alt.

IF somebody figures out a way for it to work with both alt attached please post pictures.
This kit will not work on a truck that is newer than 1987. This kit will not work with a manual transmission.*****

It shows different mounting areas just wonder if it will mount under the driver side alt

Attachments

WARWAG

WOW guess im not the only one in need for an A/C unit in there MV rig. THanks for all the replies. I thought at one time Nostalgia made a cucv kit but I couldnt find one listed. Then I saw this "work truck" unit for the Chevy line of trucks 1987 and older and thought it would actually be better. This reminds me of the unit found in the M1010 ambulances. No duct work to tackle and you dont have to remove the dash to try and get everything run in. Running ducts would be a huge pain after looking up under the dash. No thanks. Plus this will be mounted under the dash in front of my navigational computer/GPS and I could use the center vent to help keep the Computer cool in its mount. From reading the replies it looks like we would need a bracket fabbed up to mount the compressor. I keep seeing a reference to OD IRON. But a search on here reveals hundreds of OD (of course) and not much else. Does anyone have a link to there site? I remember along time ago I found a site that made a kit for the CUCV but not who it was. Is this them and not Nastalgia as I thought?

WARWAG

OK I found this post from DARKSERRA. The brackets that came with the Nastalgia CUCV kit were shipped from another company! So maybe Nastalgia does not make a CUCV kit anymore but with there WORK TRUCK kit and these brackets it should be a straight forward (as can be) install. Heres the post.

Okay, I pulled the box out with the a/c pulley. The kit is from Component Parts, 3100 Chesser Boyer Rd, Fort Worth Tx 76111. Kit # is 5255 86-87 Chevy Blazer 6.2L 2 Alt. The kit has some basic instructions (mainly some grainy pictures), 3 large brackets, bolts and small spacers, a single-belt pulley that fits inside the crankshaft pulley along with a large round spacer. If anyone wants, I can post some pictures of the kit.

WARWAG

OK I found this post from DARKSERRA. The brackets that came with the Nastalgia CUCV kit were shipped from another company! So maybe Nastalgia does not make a CUCV kit anymore but with there WORK TRUCK kit and these brackets it should be a straight forward (as can be) install. Heres the post.

Okay, I pulled the box out with the a/c pulley. The kit is from Component Parts, 3100 Chesser Boyer Rd, Fort Worth Tx 76111. Kit # is 5255 86-87 Chevy Blazer 6.2L 2 Alt. The kit has some basic instructions (mainly some grainy pictures), 3 large brackets, bolts and small spacers, a single-belt pulley that fits inside the crankshaft pulley along with a large round spacer. If anyone wants, I can post some pictures of the kit.

WARWAG

WARWAG

Well I found the Company listed under two different physical addresses and one P.O. Box address. Ive also found two different phone numbers and two different company profiles. the first profile said they had between 20 and 50 employees. The other said 1 to 4 employees. No dates were given with profiles. So if I had to guess I would say that they no longer produce anything and that is why Nostalgia does not offer this kit anymore. But thats just a guess. I will call both numbers again Monday and see what I find.

darkserra

I installed the Nostalgic Air a/c kit and it works pretty well. NA doesn't sell the CUCV kit anymore due to having problems getting the evaporator for the truck. That model just bolts under the dash rather than the one they sent me, which has a/c, heat & defrost. To install it, I had to remove the heater core. You could buy their 265 evaporator and ask them if they still have the CUCV mount kit.
Pictures 1 & 2 are the a/c installed under the passenger alternator. Pic 3 is the mount kit out of the box and the last one is the pulley that gets installed to turn the a/c.

Let me know if you have any questions.

DS

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still concerned about clearance for the transfer case shifter with the trucks using the 208 case. I have an Oh-9 at the house now with the ODI kit but the under dash unit ir really starting to appeal to me for the Oh-8.

jdeoliveira74

old air has some pretty cool stuff. I sent them an email asking if they had one we mount in with a 24v system. its 900 of in dash it comes with everything you need. I am seriously considering it as my ride home on friday was the worse experience. i found it to be cooler with with windows up and the back window down. Ahhh the sweet smell of diesel fumes

WARWAG

I installed the Nostalgic Air a/c kit and it works pretty well. NA doesn't sell the CUCV kit anymore due to having problems getting the evaporator for the truck. That model just bolts under the dash rather than the one they sent me, which has a/c, heat & defrost. To install it, I had to remove the heater core. You could buy their 265 evaporator and ask them if they still have the CUCV mount kit.
Pictures 1 & 2 are the a/c installed under the passenger alternator. Pic 3 is the mount kit out of the box and the last one is the pulley that gets installed to turn the a/c.

Let me know if you have any questions.

DS

For me all I need is an A/C unit bolted under the dash. No need for a heater or defroster. I think all I would need is that under dash "Work Truck" unit and a CUCV mount kit and I will be up and running Cool air! Thanks for posting the pictures of your A/C install.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks