• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Softop

Nico

hi guys,
i already posted a comment at the "what have you done lately..." thread.
but i am so happy with my new softtop from "softopper" Softopper Model #BlazerGen3
that i think you should have a look, at the coolest mod i`ve ever made to my cucv.
easy one man installation, only 2 little holes to drill.
have a look:

Attachments

Last edited:

67_C-30

Very nice!! That is a very good looking M1009 you've got there. I love the Desert Storm paint, the top, antennas, and especially the tires and wheels. It is just a very tough looking rig!

lavarok

Nice top. Just curious, the site says no drilling, so what holes did you drill?
Ditto, I don't recall drilling any holes when I installed mine.

One other mod you may want to try is to remove the stitching on the "softtopper.com" labels. They come off easy enough and for the price paid I don't think they should get free advertising. Besides, the stupid labels really detract from the look of the top and the vehicle as a whole.

By the way, very nice looking '09. The soft top really helps on those hot humid days. Plus it can be a mini pickup in a pinch if you need to move something big.

Nico

Ditto, I don't recall drilling any holes when I installed mine.

One other mod you may want to try is to remove the stitching on the "softtopper.com" labels. They come off easy enough and for the price paid I don't think they should get free advertising. Besides, the stupid labels really detract from the look of the top and the vehicle as a whole.

By the way, very nice looking '09. The soft top really helps on those hot humid days. Plus it can be a mini pickup in a pinch if you need to move something big.

yea, the labels got to be removed. too much, too big.
good to know they come of easy.
i find out that the aluminium frame, mounted to the cab, will bent in the lower area when you give tention on it, while installing the top. this happens because the orig. drilling holes are too high. so the softtop throws fold. there are 2 holes already drilled in the softopper alu frame beside the snaps. 2 screws for it were also in the package. so the hole i drilled are right behind the cab, in the high of the snap`s under the waterstrip.
...should i have study the manual better?
this thing is so nice, feels like i got a new automobile.
i am quite happy with it.

thank you 4 the positive remarks, everyone! :beer:

-the tires are the 36" humvee goodyear`s on factory 16.5 kelsey hayes steel rims.
-it is a 4" bds lift kit (low springrate=smooth ride) looks more like 3" after sagging, büt less is more ;).

http://www.usmvp.de/orion/images/smiles/fahne19.gif

Last edited:

lavarok

yea, the labels got to be removed. too much, too big.
good to know they come of easy.
i find out that the aluminium frame, mounted to the cab, will bent in the lower area when you give tention on it, while installing the top. this happens because the orig. drilling holes are too high. so the softtop throws fold. there are 2 holes already drilled in the softopper alu frame beside the snaps. 2 screws for it were also in the package. so the hole i drilled are right behind the cab, in the high of the snap`s under the waterstrip.
...should i have study the manual better?
My M1009 with the soft top is over at my shop. I'll look at it next time I am there to see what you mean. Can you post a photo of the screw location? I bought my topper about 2 years ago, so maybe they changed the design slightly. They had just released the item into production a month or so prior to my purchase.

Nico

My M1009 with the soft top is over at my shop. I'll look at it next time I am there to see what you mean. Can you post a photo of the screw location? I bought my topper about 2 years ago, so maybe they changed the design slightly. They had just released the item into production a month or so prior to my purchase.
ahh, now i know what you mean!
my fault.
no need to drill holes in your nice truck...
...if you can read the instuctions from start to finish. stupido meaua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks