• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will 12.5 x 20 work on my A3?

jasonjc

Work or right. I know they work on the stock A2 wheels but do not fit right. They are smaller than the A3 tires also . There are some good thread's about the 12.50's and the bead on them. They don't have the same bead as a ndt. I'm not sure if the 14.50 has this same bead or not.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They will work fine for the rim design. As stated, they will cut your top speed because they are the height of 900s VS. the 14.50 which are the same height as an 1100.

dittle

Don't use the front end (6x6) if you have mismatched tire sizes. Causes binding in the driveline that can/will damage things.

jasonjc

That almost just like my truck's, but I'm still using the stock rims up front. It drives a lot better with the 12.50's up front.

spicergear

The A3 wheels are designed for tire marked MPT. 14.5R 20 Michelin's are this and another example is the 12.5R 20 Continental MPT's. I have a set of the Conti's on A3 wheels on the front of my crane truck for a better footprint and higher weight capacity over the 900x20 NDT's.

bearboley

I like it that way, I don't think the tire size would be a issue at all with the front axle engaged if you needed it. IE mud or some other smiley surface.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Gerhard. I believe that you and James (M1075) are reponsible for much of the inspiration for it - as a result of various tire/wheel discussions over the years here.

I will be adding this combo to the front of my M342A2 and M108A2 also.
The A3 wheels are designed for tire marked MPT. 14.5R 20 Michelin's are this and another example is the 12.5R 20 Continental MPT's. I have a set of the Conti's on A3 wheels on the front of my crane truck for a better footprint and higher weight capacity over the 900x20 NDT's.

Ah yes, I forgot to add Spicergear to the list of inspiration for the 12.5 tire on A3 wheel list. [thumbzup] Shown in pic here:

spicergear truck.jpg

I see that patracy's tire website www.militaryoffroadtires.net has some 12.5R20 Continentals that have an upgraded NDT "look". I wonder if I could get him to sell me a couple of those . . .

T-125R20CONT-2T.jpg

spicergear

JWC, thanks man! The 12.5's are close enough in height to the 900x20's in tandem that there's no concern over bind or height different with front axle pulled in.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to update this thread with a few new pics:

This is the 12.5 R20 Continental tire that I got from www.militaryoffroadtires.net mounted on a M35A3 wheel. (I would be remiss if I did not thank Gimpy, Swbradley, and Patracy for helping make it happen - THANKS fellas ! ! )
conti on A3.jpg

This is the above tire and wheel mounted on the front axle with stock 9.00x20 duals on rear.
3.jpg

This is a Michelin xl 12.5 R20 on a canadian MLWV wheel. (wheel from 11Echo (Ron) and Tire from Oldgrunt (Brett) )
0828101718.jpg

Last edited: