• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replace all your GMC weather stripping

Gunfreak25

Original NOS weather stripping is impossible to find, M35 series weatherstripping does work and is widely available, however from what i've seen it takes over $300 to replace everything. I can't justify that. $300 is 6 new tires for me. I found this stuff at home depot while cruising around yesterday.

Amazon.com: M-D Building Products 6635 Sponge Rubber Tape, 3/8-Inch-by-3/4-Inch-by-10 Feet, Closed Cell, Black: Home Improvement

Only I picked it up for under $4 a roll. You can find it in the department where they sell doors, trim and hasp locks and stuff. This exact size will work for your windshield frame, doors and window glass where they meet with the roof panels. Just remove the old crunchy weather stripping with a screwdriver or some other tool, clean out the channels and lay the foam in. Looks super professional and seals great.

$25 should do an entire cab. And it's made in the USA!

Last edited:

Gunfreak25

It specifies it's for use on automobiles and camper shells right on the bag. I actually put the foam a little too far inward of the window where it seals with the frame the first time. It caused it to peel back the foam off the frame. The 2nd time I made sure that the window only squished as little of the foam as possible when closing it, and it's held up great. Keep your cuts clean and you can't tell where the seams are if you use multiple pieces.

Last edited:

mikes47jeep

"MESCO glass" in my area, has all sorts of rubber weather stripping

i would take a chunk of your old weather stripping to your local glass shop, they should have pretty much anything you need by the foot

135gmc

If you wind up cementing MIL weatherstriping on, take the time to wash it first to get any manufacturing residue off. That's why it's usually a challenge to glue down weatherstriping - some of it has a soapy residue from the extruder that makes it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks