• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Type of hose for remote reservoir?

yolner

I'm planning my remote res and need info on what types of hose are safe to use with BFS and pressure of 15psi (for the bleeder). I'm planning to install a ball valve so I can isolate the reservoir from the rest of the system and then plug in my pressure bleeder to pressurize.

I tried posting in the remote reservoir thread, but I guess nobody reads the last pages of a giant thread like that.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you just need to wait for someone to post to your question. Asking the same thing in multiple threads is against the rules. It's called cross-posting. It wastes peoples time and is rude. So is bumping a thread that is not time sensitive.

You could also read the other remote reservoir threads. Easily found with a search

harleyrkc

I just ordered my resevoir parts but I'm holding off on the hose. I'm hoping to locate an adapter fitting to go from the barb to male pipe thread. I know the fitting exists because they use them to connect the two sides of Harely Davidson gas tanks. And that would allow me to run the line in steel or copper.

yolner

I waited 3 days. I think that's reasonable. I haven't been able to find any specifics on the types of hose people are using in any of the threads.

yolner

I just ordered my resevoir parts but I'm holding off on the hose. I'm hoping to locate an adapter fitting to go from the barb to male pipe thread. I know the fitting exists because they use them to connect the two sides of Harely Davidson gas tanks. And that would allow me to run the line in steel or copper.
Mcmaster has what you're looking for. I don't have the part number in front of me, but I found a 1/8" NPT to 3/8" hose barb fitting there and lots of other possible options like compression fittings for copper tubing.

I'm also going to order the hose from there when I figure out which kind to get.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used the clear vinyl hose before with good results. Use the same stuff on my power bleeder as well.

yolner

I've used the clear vinyl hose before with good results. Use the same stuff on my power bleeder as well.
I'm going to go with vinyl braided. Looks like it's rated for more than enough pressure/temp and is cheap at HD. I'll cover it with some air hose I have around just to make sure it doesn't rub through on anything under the truck.

chicklin

I just used normal clear vinyl tubing from the hardware store. Running DOT 5 and no issues so far. Was able to pressurize it to 10-15 psi without problem.

Heavysteven

Is silicone brake fuild even corrosive? From what i understand it does not react with the steel brake lines.

Better question what type of material are the brake lines made of? The soft hose ones

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks