• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flame heater valve leaking

sn8ke8

my flame heater valve is leaking on my deuce, drop by drop continuously, its the valve with two plastic red lines going to it, one goes to the fuel rail, any suggestions, can i rebuild it, replace it?
thanz for any info david
where would i get rebuild parts or replacement parts?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The usual vendors have parts. Common wisdom is, unless you need to start in way below freezing on a regular basis, to simply disconnect and plug the flame start system. It can leak internally, dripping fuel that ends up thinning your engine oil. One day I will do what I say here and disconnect mine. Has not been leaking so far.

wsucougarx

That's one of those parts that will eventually leak. There are two little O-rings inside the housing that need to be replaced. On my '88, it started to leak on my hot turbo. To remedy a temp fix, I shot some brake cleaner on the end, dried it, and jammed some RTV on the leaky end. That was some 2 years ago and it's still holding;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks