• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shelter to Camper Conversion....

59apache

Chipmaker
Do you plan on doing anything over the bed as far as storage goes
not yet. I have much space under the bed, the storage boxes, the back side of one bench, the "chest" under the other, i hope its enough.

its hard to translate it..i hope that makes sense to you....
i like the feeling of space, nothing is claustrophobic in this box.

59apache

Chipmaker
this weekends progress....building a frame for the battery box (its a sealed box, made for that.) riveted to the floor
Rahmen1.jpgRahmen2.jpgrahmen3.jpg

modified the box (eliminate the pigs nose/ slave port)
Batteriekasten1.jpgBatteriekasten2.jpgBatteriekasten3.jpg

and finished the elektric
Elektrik8.jpg

missing:

wires between the battery poles, connection from the box to the heavy duty fuse, outside slave port for connecting trucks 12V system to the shelter and the 220V inlet....

peanuts!:p

and making a connection for the box vent tubes to the outside....

the batterys are sealed, but its a safety thing to make a gas-tight connection to the outside....

Last edited:

59apache

Chipmaker
next chapter....water & shower

i want a shower, but shower tubs for houses are to big and to heavy, for RV to lousy, custom made's unpayable....so i've decided to make my own.
stainless steel, 1mm, cut, bend, corners TIG welded.
Duschwanne Rueckseite.jpg

the carrier is made out of a 8mm waterresitent wooden board, original for trailer beds....and 40mm styrodur.
Duschwanne Unterbau.jpg

the drains (correct word?) are in all 4 corners....
for the hole i made a punch and die.....works good!
Musterblech.jpgStempel-Matritze-Blech.jpgPresse.jpg

mounted..

Dusche eingebaut.jpg

59apache

Chipmaker
all grey water tubes go to 1 connection point under the shower.
i've made a kind of syphon and connector.
Syphon1.jpgSyphon2.jpgSyphon5.jpgSyphon7.jpg

its mounted on the wooden board of the carrier and goes trough the floor to the outside.
Syphon6.jpg

Kohburn

the 4 corner drains vs a single center drain makes a lot more sense in a platform that is likely to not be perfectly level. Smart move.

59apache

Chipmaker
heater & ducts

heater is a TRUMA E4000 , needs very low electricity, exhaust goes through the wall (not yet, after painting...:-D)
ducts are made out of 1mm aluminium sheet metal. they're only for appearance, the warm air goes through a special hose. Oulets are 2 under the table, 1 close to the bed in the bench, 1 in the other bench. there is a butterfly valve in one line, so you can regulate the airflow.

duct1.jpg

duct2.jpg

duct3.jpg

Heater4.jpg

heater3.jpg

59apache

Chipmaker
furniture...
not much to say about. I'm a chipmaker, metalworkig is my world.
i've done my best, a pro carpenter would make it better.
measure, cut, sand, paint, sand, paint again...

I've made everythig out of 15mm lumber core plywood, except the seat and the dividing wall. They're 19mm.

Bank1.jpgBank2-1.jpgBank2-2.jpgbench.jpg
At the corners i've used 30mm angle aluminium, 3mm thick. they com in 6m pieces...a lot of measuring,cutting and drilling

on acces plates i'v used rivet nuts. nice to work with.
Nietmutter.jpg

Last edited:

59apache

Chipmaker
PETEC bodywork adhesive and sealant, it's a Polyurethane based adhesive, aplied with a toothed, notched whatever trowel. The PCV is simply pressed on with a rubber roller. no fancy stuff like a veneer press is necessary.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks