• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MOVING DAY AT LAST!

AMGeneral

Well,looks like I'll be leaving between 3 and 5 A.M. tomorrow morning to go pick up the 10 ton in VA.Hopefully "Murphy" will leave me alone this trip(unlike the 2005 east coast convoy).I'm taking my camera and instructing my MO/PIC to get plenty of pictures.If all goes well I should be back between 8 and 10 P.M.,I'll post the pics then.

poppop

Good luck and God speed. I will try to keep Murphy busy here on the farm as it seems he has been here for a couple days already.

AMGeneral

Well,left at 5 AM Sat morning and got home at 4:30 this morning.It took about 6 1/2 hours out and 8 hrs to get back.We had no problems what so ever other than a few oil leaks(differentials).here are a few pics.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMGeneral, Thats the one from e-bay right? What did you end up giviing it for?

AMGeneral

jdobyns,first order of business is to change oil and fire the engine and do all the necessary checks(oil press,compression,noises)and see if it'll move under it's own power.Then on to the brakes.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember right, the pictures showed damage to the front. How bad is it in person? Hopefully just cosmetics. The tires look like front loader tires..not highway rated. Is everything else there and does it run?

CGarbee

Glad to see that you made it down and back uneventfully, and that Jamie got to do some work... :)
Can't wait to see it in person.

AMGeneral

The tires are 1400x 24 motor grader tires,a common sight on 10 tons in logging use i'm told.The damage is cosmetic(other than the radiator)engine is complete as is the driveline,I may have already found a couple parts trucks nearby used by a local logging company.I may try and start it later this week.

Personal note:M816's do not like to tow 30,000 pounds at top speed(if you ever get there)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks