• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one running hmmwv tires on there m1008

jeepjseries

Thinking about running these on my m1009 w/ m1008 axles. Got to get some 16.5 inch rims. Wondering if anyone runs them and how they do or if you had any clearance issues?

998Junkie

Those are all good threads to read up on. After a lot of reading I opted to get re-centered 12 bolt rims and 37" tires.

I have one tire which I think might be out of round, other than it taking a bit of effort to get them to spin up to speed, I'm happy with them. Need to test them off road soon.

Attachments

jeepjseries

Thanks for the links. I will read up on it. 1 ton axles gave my m1009 enough to clear 35's that is whats on it now, plan on just cutting fenders enough for 36's.

jeepjseries

After reading these threads I might just fork out the extra cash for civi tires. Don't ever recall these tires ever being bad in mud or sand maybe not the greatest but not bad.. oh well i guess. Think i'll just stick with some more 35's.

bguy193

I built a mudtruck out of a K20 PU and ran the HMMWV tires on it. The tires worked great and weren't too noisy on the interstate..........Just be sure to get them powder ballanced

beltfedonly

Hmmwv tires on M1009

My avatar has hmmwv 37 inch radials with american steel wheels with a 4 inch rough country lift. Works well!

francisf16

RE: Hmmwv tires on M1009

@beltfedonly: I have been debating on the 4 or 6" lift to run the 37's. Yours don't rub with the 4" lift? I has thinking of a 4" lift then do a 1" body lift, if they rub. Nice looking truck!

unaffiliated

@hogtruck. Both of your trucks look very aggressive with the lift and big tires. One of these days I'll get down to MS to check out the fleet. Looks like you have thinned the herd based on your signature. Did you get the links I sent you on the red glow plug switches? Not near as cool as the one I scored but they would still look good.

unaffiliated

Or does that mean they are just out of commission? I thought about lifting mine and installing big tires but I work out of mine almost everyday. It's hard enough climbing in and out of the bed as it is. Think I'll just stay stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks