• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone tried to fit this pump in?

JCKnife

For that price I couldn't pass it up, even though I had a fairly new in-tank pump. They look well-built.

JCKnife

Mine arrived today. What's the deal with the little plastic ball atop the screened-in area? I don't think the deuce pump has that.

deuceaid

Banned
Well JCKnife, You made me do it!!!!, (my grandmother called my screwdriver fingers when I was 3), but I had to keep going, and I am SO GLAD I did !

This pump has an epoxy encapsulated rotor, blah,blah,blah, and CAN BE REBUILT !!!! 9 time out of 10 it will be the brushes that fail, but these can be replaced (and You dont have to cut it apart to get to them)!!! And if the commutator on the rotor wears out , just chuck it in a lathe and turn it down some ( the next best thing would be a drill press and some emery cloth)

also the motor does run on 12 volts also ( seems fast, pump I dont know what pressure it would have)

Attachments

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
would this same pump be safe for gasoline? I'm thinking of a way to get at the 193 gallons of gas my boat holds if TSHTF.
Jerry

I`m thinking no, since it is not a sealed unit (maybe thats why the rotor has an epoxy coating ?) . to be safe????? if vapors get in it and the arcing of the brushes sets it off, it could be bad,,,,,,,then again multifuel? but this pump was suppose to go in something other than a deuce multifuel vehicle.

I know what you thinking though, per the other thread we haunt. It has crossed my mind to, wondering if it is small enough to do other jobs.

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
Update

Well folks, I dropped in the pump this afternoon, and my deuce fired right up,,,,,,in fact I am almost wondering if my old pump was a little slow ( I know it ran, I could hear it run), since the truck fired up much quicker than what I was use to! Thanks Gimpy and others for the input, and I hope this help others. By the way once I get my other pump, I am going to take it apart and measure the brushes and look for some replacements. If I find anything, I will post it here.
Jason :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks