• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC wheel cylinder parts

Gunfreak25

Alright, we know NAPA has the GMC wheel cylinder cups. Part # United 14451.
Does anyone know if they carry the pistons, expanders and push rods too?

Guess I'll take a trip to NAPA tomorrow.

jasonjc

Those are the same part I've been looking for. Those are use on the 1 1/2 ton and I think the 2 1/2 ton trailers. All the part stores around me looked at me like I was a nut when I tred to find those. I even had the Wagner #'s.

So please let us know what the other number are when you find them.
Thank you:beer:

Gunfreak25

That is correct. The M105 trailer (not A2) wheel cylinders are the exact same wheel cylinders as those on G749 trucks. Same part number and everything, WC15306. A quick google search turned up plenty.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=wc15306

https://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,ca...50_3.6L_220_cubic_inch_L6_Wheel_Cylinder.html

So it appears these wheel cylinders are still being made by several companies. I will call them today and see if they sell replacement parts for them. Rods, expanders, pistons, springs, etc.

Last edited:

Gunfreak25

No luck. I tried NAPA today and he couldn't find anything. I guess the question now would be, is minor pitting on the pistons and expanders acceptable? I think it is, since any sealing is done with the cup. Not the pistons.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wheel Cylinders

Try the part number on the box. If that doesn't work it's plan B.

Plan B:

You order new cylinders from Memphis and have them delivered to San Diego. I fly from Edmonton to Phoenix, rent a car and drive to San Diego. I pick up the parts that just got delivered from India through Memphis and drive back to Yuma to drop them off. We go eat then I fly back home.:-D

Attachments

Gunfreak25

My god Dave, you are a genius when it comes to computers! I posted that part # above. :lol: Atleast it's good to know that wheel cylinders will always be available once the originals dry up. But I don't know many people who want to pony up $35 each for them. Oh, except you.

Member Topo here was gracious enough to PM me a few days ago, on Saturday he is shipping me a box of take of brake shoes (1 of mine was broken!!) and some take off wheel cylinders that I will use for parts.

If anyone wants wheel cylinders on the cheap, hit up Ralph at Niagara Military Parts up there in moose country. I called him today and he said he still has over 800 but has sold over 3000.
$15 each for NOS Canadian wheel cylinders which have the 1 3/8" bores. He also kits!!

nattieleather

If anyone wants wheel cylinders on the cheap, hit up Ralph at Niagara Military Parts up there in moose country. I called him today and he said he still has over 800 but has sold over 3000.
$15 each for NOS Canadian wheel cylinders which have the 1 3/8" bores. He also kits!!
I baught those from him when they were $12 each. Got 12 of them and replaced everyone on my truck. This was like 15 years ago if I remember correctly.... Anyway they were very good, and worked great. Once I got the brakes working on that truck it would stop on a dime and give 8 cents change...lol! I stopped one time with my son in the cab with me and he wasn't paying attention to the road (he was 12 at the time) and next thing I know his face is flat againts the windshield..... :D

Ok, unless money is a factor, why not just buy the replacement cynlinders from Niagra and not have to worry about it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks