• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How exactly does the M1009 gun rack work?

idM1028

Keep in mind when these trucks were made the primary small-arm for the U.S. military was the M16. And M16 means a 20" barrel with an M16 length hand-guard and full butt-stock. Not a civvie AR-15 with a 16" barrel and an M4 hand-guard and butt-stock.

blackhueys

yep like idM1028 said only made to fit the full size m-16s. When I was in we just moved the upper holder down some and that helped for our m-4s.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't see your pics, network blocks photobucket but I can imagine the issue. You can make them work by extending your stock fully and then either lower the top clasps or raise the bases. I find raising the bases easiest. A mid-length just makes it on these racks without mods.

monkeythumbs

I've put everything in the rack from a C93 to an M4, NATO weapons seem more appropiate though. M4's does fit tight, but the stock extended, fits fine. Was nice during the summer time with the top off the 1009, easy access from outside the vechicle.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I have put my Remington Model four with scope in there, and it fit just fine..
It was not hard to figure it out, just by looking at it.

Just my $0.02 cents..

Good night,

CJ
1985 M1009

LeadHead

Thanks a lot yall. I was giving it a completely different approach. aua
I'll raise the stock and see how that goes.

AK fits huh? Too bad I traded mine for that AR. :(

Now I just have to wait until I'm 18, but for now, I can keep it back there for farm "work".

V8Astro

I tried mounting the mount using both of my AR-15's. One has a 10" barrel and didn't even stick up from behind the seat. The other has a Gemtech can and 7x scope on it. That one didn't fit either rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks