• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So what do you do with your deuce for fun?

mcdowra

I really love the idea of owning one of these trucks. They have so much character. However I'm having a little trouble convincing myself to go for it.

Everytime I start to go for it a little voice in the back of my head asks, sure it will be fun to drive but where will you drive it? How often will you drive it? Old vehicles like these don't like to sit....

So help me talk myself into or out of it..... :-o

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does everything. I haul dirt,drive it to work,remove stumps,run power tools off of the compressor,get fire wood, get in and out during hurricanes/floods and park it next to the house for a ladder when i need to get on top of the roof. It is the neatest thing since sliced bread. It have had it for 12 years now, and it hase outlasted a few pickup trucks, two girl friends and a wife.. I don't know how i would live without it. I always starts and will tolarate alot of abuse!

moriboy

For me, I bought one to play around with at a few parades, and to give my kids a chance to experience a bit of military history to honor their grandpa. My dad spent many hours driving one of these in Vietnam.

I found myself in the same situation this past summer.
I went and looked at a Deuce "just for the **** of it". Checked into registration and insurance costs. Asked a few questions here. It seemed doable but I wasn't sure I wanted such a monster. Well, it seems the monster wanted me. I couldn't quite sweep it from my mind.
I brought it home three months after first looking at it. The 50 mile drive home was with a perpetual grin on my face. I don't drive it that much but the grin is always there when I do.
I have no regrets. I have had the opportunity to meet a few of the folks here. They are a great group of people. I am looking forward to the Haspin rally and other local events.
For me the vehicle is for fun only. It's registered historic and insured as a collectable vehicle. Both help keep cost down but also limit the use of it.
So, for the cost of a used dirt bike you can be rolling down the road in 13,000 pounds of scrap iron. If you enjoy tinkering it makes it all the better.
Do it. You won't be sorry.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like Gimpy I use mine for anything I want to. I have driven it to work (at major university), Home Depot, parades, military funerals, shows, rally's and to just show it off. Pulled trees down and across our property. Flag holder in front of the house.

Chevyman_15237

I love my deuce... it's loud, obnoxious, fun to drive, a head turner, a parade rig, a party rig, a show vehicle (even though its rough looking), a definate story machine. I can say that everytime I drive it people ask tons of questions... or have stories to reminice about the days they drove a deuce while in the service.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks