• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 24087 deuces!!!

vtdeucedriver

Ok, not to leave the deuce guys out as I KNOW there are a few that I have helped get it right..................post em up!!!!

DeucesWild11

I was curious about the Yellow Stripe on the nose that some trucks have, dug around the internet and found this, thought I would post as I found it interesting.. I am sure those of you that have it know..but the rest of us..?

1969 battalion and group commanders either rode along in the convoys or flew overhead in helicopters to observe convoy discipline and monitor radio traffic. But the vast amount of traffic, both civilian and military, made it difficult for commanders to recognize their trucks on the road. At first, 8th Group had the lead and trail vehicles mount panel markers on their vehicles.
Colonel Alexander Langston ordered a yellow stripe be painted on the hood or nose of each 8th Group truck so that his boss, the Qui Nhon Support Commander, could tell the difference in the convoys from the air.

vtdeucedriver

I was curious about the Yellow Stripe on the nose that some trucks have, dug around the internet and found this, thought I would post as I found it interesting.. I am sure those of you that have it know..but the rest of us..?

1969 battalion and group commanders either rode along in the convoys or flew overhead in helicopters to observe convoy discipline and monitor radio traffic. But the vast amount of traffic, both civilian and military, made it difficult for commanders to recognize their trucks on the road. At first, 8th Group had the lead and trail vehicles mount panel markers on their vehicles.
Colonel Alexander Langston ordered a yellow stripe be painted on the hood or nose of each 8th Group truck so that his boss, the Qui Nhon Support Commander, could tell the difference in the convoys from the air.
Thats correct.

CatMan

24087 Deuce and Trailer

Here is our 1971 M35A2 with the correct paint and markings for the Madison WI based 826th Ord Company. AM on the bumper stands for Ammunition.
Also has a trailer to match.

We have had this truck since 1991. Bought at Ft McCoy on a live auction in the DRMO yard before the days of GL. It was missing alot of parts including the fuel system. You fellers are sure lucky to buy one now from GL and drive it home.

Cat Man

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

Here is our 1971 M35A2 with the correct paint and markings for the Madison WI based 826th Ord Company. AM on the bumper stands for Ammunition.
Also has a trailer to match.

We have had this truck since 1991. Bought at Ft McCoy on a live auction in the DRMO yard before the days of GL. It was missing alot of parts including the fuel system. You fellers are sure lucky to buy one now from GL and drive it home.

Cat Man
Great looking truck!!!!! Non turbo to boot!! 2 of mine were non-turbos and I miss them both. I would take another non turbo anyday!! Still have exhaust parts just in case it happens again.

Bill W

Not sure
Last year I saw it for sale ( again ) and the location was now listed as West Palm Bch ( I went and saw it in Atlanta..sniff ) and I don't see it on Brandon's site anymore

vtdeucedriver

Not sure
Last year I saw it for sale ( again ) and the location was now listed as West Palm Bch ( I went and saw it in Atlanta..sniff ) and I don't see it on Brandon's site anymore
Ironic that she is almost where she started. Sure is a nice one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks