• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS 4HN batteries

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Since these batteries were at a surplus chain store, the buyer may have found them without coming to this board, in a routine search for parts to sell. Of course Rustystud's advice is still valid in any case.
The guy that bought them was a member here and did buy them cause of this thread. He did sell some to us for a reasonable price, but still made money off the deal. Thats the way it goes I guess.

StrykerPerry

I am checking to see what 2 12v batteries I can fit in a 11"W x 6.25"L x 10"H space now to see if I can do a cheaper double 12v replacement in my mep 701a mine seems to have a way to remove the tray and that is the area left that I can mount a set of batteries

Triple Jim

Right, batteries aren't anything special. I put a couple group 24 Walmart batteries in my 003A five years ago, keep the acid level right, and they're still working like they did when new.

I use a Walmart lawn tractor battery in my Clark fork lift because it fits in the long narrow battery holder. I originally expected to have to use two in parallel to handle starting the engine, but one works fine, lasts as long as the one that's supposed to go in there, and costs about 1/4 as much.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter

jamawieb

I am checking to see what 2 12v batteries I can fit in a 11"W x 6.25"L x 10"H space now to see if I can do a cheaper double 12v replacement in my mep 701a mine seems to have a way to remove the tray and that is the area left that I can mount a set of batteries
What I did with my six 701a's that I sold, was to replace with 2 lawn mower batteries. I keep the battery tray in place and put a 2x6 treated lumber inside the tray. Then placed the 2 batteries side by side on top of the 2x6. Then you will need to cut a space in the back battery cover to slip over the batteries. I just took a big hammer and knocked the back cover in where the batteries went.

StrykerPerry

What I did with my six 701a's that I sold, was to replace with 2 lawn mower batteries. I keep the battery tray in place and put a 2x6 treated lumber inside the tray. Then placed the 2 batteries side by side on top of the 2x6. Then you will need to cut a space in the back battery cover to slip over the batteries. I just took a big hammer and knocked the back cover in where the batteries went.
Im going to take your advice and use a BFH lol i like the simplicity of the wood plank in it instead of a custom metal bracket allot easier what batteries did you use u1-1?

jamawieb

Yes U1-1 with 230 starting amps. I also used the original hold down bolts, with a simple hold down that I made from thin angle iron. I wanted to make it simple for the people buying them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks