• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extended height M44 pedals

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So we all know that the brake and clutch pedals are adjustable in our M44 series trucks (right? :p).

My '87 A2C had really high pedals, I am only 5'10" and I could barely drive it on the way home.

I went to adjust them yesterday, assuming they had been adjusted out all the way (as high as they would go) to accommodate a shorter driver.

So I remove the bolt, lower the pedal and find there's only one slot for the bolt-no adjustabolity. I figured it was a factory oversight, forgetting to machine to the two additional slots.

So I walked to the backyard, grabbed the pedals off the parts truck and immediately realized what I had-weird, extended height pedals.

See the pics-the longer pedals are not only much longer (probably 1.5") but they also only have one adjustment slot.

We've had dozens of deuces, including an '85 USAF A2C and this is the only set of these pedals I've ever seen.

They are obviously factory-I strongly doubt someone in a workshop made them.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those pedals are usually found on deuces operated by females. Congrats on having a girly deuce.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have since seen these extended height pedals on an '88 USAF A2C and several other of the '87-'89 contract trucks. I would say I've seen 7 or 8 trucks with the tall pedals.

I am going to go out on a limb and say this is a feature most if not all these trucks had.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks