• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of "pipeline deuce"

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I managed to drag my gimpy butt over to look at the "2 1/2 ton military truck" that was advertised in the local buy/sell rag.
It is an actual pipeline deuce. There is a data plate on the bed behind the cab.
It has two winches and the boom poles are still there. The bed has wood on the deck that looks like it was made that way. The snatch blocks are in the storage box.
The truck is in poor shape but the engine runs smooth. It is a Mulit-fuel, non-turbo and did not appear to be leaking badly anywhere. The brakes do not work and it has a pinhole in one of the air tanks. Tires are marginal but all were inflated.
He also has a M-105 ? trailer that he want to get rid of.
He will not budge on the asking price of $3500.00.
I am going to pass on this one. If anyone else is interested PM me and I will send you his phone number. He did not want it posted in the open.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the bed has its own tags, it's probably an early model. The bed, complete with winch, toolbox etc, was made to be swapped with a cargo bed when needed.
Mine has its own tags and made by Metro Engr, date is Feb 1960. Later models were factory assembled, bed plus deuce.

Question: Does the data plate on the dash reflect that it is an M756 pipeline truck?

I could use the bed sides, he he he.

If it is complete is worth more, of course. Kenny knows about all the accessories that go with the bed.

The bed was made with beautiful oak planks, held in place by metal strips to allow for expansion/contractions.

Note: I'm working on a set of planks for Joel (BFR). He ordered them back in March, so I'm not doing to well on delivery, but they will get done. My bed as well as the one for Joel is made of locust wood. It's holding up very well, mine shows no signs of wear and tear after two years.

All beds we (Kenny and I) have encountered have had 13 planks, but all different widths. How many does this one have? How many block anchors in the bed, 2 or 3? Are the "anchors" in the pockets?

Oh, and I think $3,500 is reasonable.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a pic of the "sought but rarely found" accessories. If it has these, especially the trunion, one could probably do OK with this truck. Still miss the opportunity to restore one as the one I had was severely compromised by rust.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My photos of the interior data plates did not turn out very good but they were there. I don't remember if it said "Pipeline Truck" in there or not.
The guy is a hard working farmer and I probably won't disturb him again unless there is very serious interest in the truck. As I stated, he will not come off of his asking price. He will put it back in the chicken house and keep it.
He did say that he had a few calls but I was the only one who viewed it in person.
There were several BII items in the storage box that may or may not have been the original BII. There were no long chains like in the posted illustrations.
Ironically this truck is located about five miles from the two wreckers I posted a few months ago. They are still there too. :shock:
I guess everyone that is interested is suffering from the same "Federal Reserve Note Deficit" that I am. :(

jasonjc

I too have the "Federal Reserve Note Deficit" or I'd be all over that truck. My looong term goal is to got at least one of each model Duece. I have 4 if you don't count whinch models as differnt if you do then I have 5. And if you add in "GMC's" I have 6. But the goal is more for the M44/45's.I just need to find a large supply of those "Federal Reserve Note's" rofl I hope the "right" person getts that truck and restores it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry Jeff. I wished I had 3 or 4 sets of them to distribute them to those who should have them.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The truck is indeed in "Sweet Home Alabama".
I'm too gimped up to go very far.
Fort McClellan (now inactive) and Anniston Army Depot have been here for many years. There are MV's all over the place. It's like a treasure hunt, once you start looking for MV's you find them in all kinds of places.
Since I got interested in MV's I have found the two 5-ton wreckers, the Chemical Shelter Trailers, 2 CCKW's and now this Pipeline Deuce. I also know where there may be several other vehicles but I need to recon and see if they are still there.
I love a challenge. 8)