• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a matching set of Morrison Bros. Top Seal Caps and adapters. I got the idea here...http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?148561-Locking-fuel-cap/page3, post #24. I made sure to post the part numbers in the pics if anyone else is interested.
IMG_0077.jpgIMG_0079.jpgIMG_0080.jpgIMG_0084.jpgIMG_0086.jpg

I love the look and convenience of them. Just pull the ring and they're off. Press down the center hinged levers and they're back on. What's better is they can be lock with a padlock. The brass adapters are screwed down tight with a chain wrench and sealed up with some Permatex liquid thread sealant.
IMG_0090.jpgIMG_0089.jpgIMG_0092.jpgIMG_0091.jpg

These will only work on the M939-series style threaded fuel tank filler necks. The older M809 and M39-series bayonet style filler neck are incompatible.

gottaluvit

Hauled two loads of gravel yesterday and my bed raised in gear for the first time since I've had the truck, surprising me. I thought it was a safety feature to prevent a young soldier from driving a raising bed into power lines. Thanks to tow4 for advice on adjusting the linkage, so I might get this to work in gear all the time. That would be nice for spreading.

I drove it home! **** ya! I'm really excited to get started. I've got belts, tranny filter, ordered oil filter. Runs strong still lots to do. I expect that will be the case with a beast this big. :driver:

mdemars03

Installed a set of LED work lights in front of my front mudflaps pointing off to the side. Gives a very nice and bright side light for working and offroad driving when it's dark. I plan on getting a few more lights to install. I want to find the same lights and put a set behind the rear mudflaps and set on the front bumper as well.

20160117_182243.jpg
20160117_182306.jpg
20160117_182320.jpg

I have them wired to an overhead console I got from Those Military Guys (originally for my M52). However I did not use the overhead console in the 12 volt configuration as it comes from TMG. I found the 24 to 12 volt converter is not strong enough to run the stereo they put on the console and any accessories plugged into the spare switches at the same time. I just disconnected the power wire from the converter to the circuit breaker and added a 24 volt hot wire from the battery to the breaker and then to the switch and then out to the lights. So in the end I have the stereo which is still 12 volts and 2 24 volt switches, all running through their own individual 15 amp circuit breakers, one of which is wired to the lights.

As always it's dark so the overhead console pictures didn't come out too well. I will get some pictures of the console tomorrow when there is decent light and post those later

mdemars03

Just took it for a drive today. It was a nice day so I drove it to work and then cruised around a little afterwards. I'm waiting on a couple parts to show up so I can keep working on some stuff.

mdemars03

Hahahaha... Not today. We did get a decent amount of snow a few days after Christmas. I measured 9 inches in my front yard. Today though was perfect for being out with the windows down. Was just barely below 70 degrees and sunny. This weekend unless something comes up I plan on taking it out quite a bit. Supposed to be 71 and sunny.

azteclizard

more stripping, sanding, and painting primer... and i put on locking door handles..
I'd of done more, but i have to hurl myself out of a helicopter early tomorrow morning.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought 25' of 3/0 welding cable, solder lugs and marine heat shrink to finish hardwiring my winch. Hopefully the Blue Sea 600A master switch will be here by Friday so I can wire it up this weekend.

Took the boys for a ride in the fields since they were soft and muddy from the recent rain. I apparently forgot to take the "after" picture of the mud hole we made. It didn't take long, lol. We'll have to do it again tomorrow for more pictures. I'm sure the boys won't have any complaints.

20160119_174300.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks