• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 + Bobcat = Fun!!

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a chance to put the big boy to work today.......and it took all the Bobcat had to reach into the dump bed. Trucked the load around to the back side of our property through muddy fields......and the M817 didn't hesitate for a moment. Though I do know why they put "idiot" lights in modern vehicles now......so dummy's like me don't leave the emergency brake on! Just about to raise the dump and unload about 5 yards.....and I smell what can be none other than brake pads.....look down, emergency brake is engaged.

I tightened up the brake cable.........is there anything else I should be concerned with (besides making that new guy mistake again) as the emergency brake does hold at a 5+ degree grade.............?

Thank you

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Your bobcat probably isn't used to such a tall bed! :D

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I have a 753, too, with bucket and fork attachments. Sure is handy to have if you have acreage! I would like to get a brush cutter for it, too. Right now I just bulldoze the weeds with the bucket, but that doesn't work too well until the weeds are very dry... It would be better to cut them before they turn into tinder!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks