• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV Urban Camo M1008

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am building two trucks for a client who wants them in the urban camouflage paint scheme to match the rest of his company trucks. First up is the M1008. Here are a couple pictures of where I am now in the resto. The paint is going to be SW enamels in dark grey, lighter grey and black in the 3 color nato pattern. They will not be in a flat paint though but in a glossy. I am going to attempt to apply them in a semi gloss style and not lay the paint on in wet coats but in dry coats and maybe dust the final coat to keep the gloss down a bit. I will keep the thread updated with the progress.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can always overcoat it with a semi gloss or flat clear coat.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paint begins!

Well after a week trying to work out getting the SW paint at my local store it came in and I started the paint job today. I am painting the grill. bumpers and wheels along with the cargo seats black, and the body will be dark grey with the light grey and black camo. Tomorrow I plan on painting the truck in the dark grey, and Sat. doing the camo job. This paint job is a lot of detail work and time.

The SW paint is VERY nice and he can tint it to match any color, I am going to see if he can match their CARC colors. This paint KEM-SURE 400 is very tough and made for construction equipment.

David

Oh, found that the paint comes in "low luster gloss" :)

Attachments

Last edited:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks

It will spend it's life in the city so I think it will work out for the new owners. Plus it will match the rest of his fleet.

On a side note, this paint is MUCH better quality than the stuff from Rapco. The Sherwin Williams paint is a 2 part paint with a hardener and is VERY tough once dry.

I am going to see if they can mix it in their CARC colors and use this on all my trucks even though it's more of a satin finish.

David

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am impressed, Good job 82ABNMP.

You get 1 rep point from me and Two thumbs up [thumbzup][thumbzup] for your ingenuity and fortitude in a job well done..!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PS, Just noticed the rear taillights have over spray on them. Don't forget to clean them up before you go for a ride on the street.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am impressed, Good job 82ABNMP.

You get 1 rep point from me and Two thumbs up [thumbzup][thumbzup] for your ingenuity and fortitude in a job well done..!
I agree with the thumbs up, .......................

***** Edited to remove my stupid response *********

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I believe the "Feedback" score is dedicated to the classified section for buyers and sellers to rate each other on their performance and the "REP" points are your personal feelings about anything positive any given member has shown. Now correct me if I am wrong.:shock:

nattieleather

I have to say the paint job is great, but the color looks like you took a black and white photo. My personal thought is blah, but I know it's for a customer so if that is what they want and they are happy then that is all that matters. Keep up the good work!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to say the paint job is great, but the color looks like you took a black and white photo. My personal thought is blah, but I know it's for a customer so if that is what they want and they are happy then that is all that matters. Keep up the good work!
I don't think I would paint my own truck in this paint color, but I don't live in the city. I do think if you saw the truck in a city background it would look better and fit the environment. But it looks good in person. :beer:

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lights

PS, Just noticed the rear taillights have over spray on them. Don't forget to clean them up before you go for a ride on the street.

Thanks, but I buy new taillight lenses on every truck I do. The old lenses are always cracked or faded so I just leave them on until after the paint job then install new ones. :beer: Same with the front marker lights.

Buy the way your truck is also looking good...I need to install some of that sound deadener in my trucks.

David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks