• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front wheel drive

ChuckM

Just purchased a M-52a2. Runs sweet but front wheels will not pull when needed. Air pressure is 85-105 from dash gauge. I pulled the front drive shaft and the cylinder seems to be engaging as it should but just will not spin the front tires when....say pushing on a tree. While i had the shaft out the front end seems ok. Any ideas? Also will someone clarify for me when the front end should engaged....fwd/revs/both????

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When the rears spin, the sprag is a over running clutch, as long as all is rolling, no engagement, when the reads are going faster the the front, the sprag locks in

F18hornetM

You can also check the sprags by jacking up one front wheel. It will only roll free in one direction and lock in the oppsite direction depending on if you have trans in neautral/forward gear and the opposite if in reverse. I think I got that right!! The forward sprag is engaged in neutral or any forward gear, with air pressure is built up. In reverse, the reverse sprag in engaged.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks