• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote brake fluid reservoir

beemerphile

Is it as simple as it appears to add a remote firewall-located brake fluid reservoir by just hooking the fluid line of the remote reservoir up to the vent on the master cylinder? Would this add a few more panic pushes to the single circuit brakes before "the end" in case of a system leak? Also, would the remote reservoir have to specifically be rated for DOT 5? - Lee

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it is that simple.

The remote reservoir is more for the ease of checking and filling the fluid rather than giving extra "panic pushes" because if you have a catastrophic failure of the brakes, the pushes aren't going to do any good anyway.

most plastic reservoirs don't care if you use DOT 3 or DOT 5 in them.

dabtl

You will find the threads on this helpful. When I did it a couple of years ago, not much was available here, but that has changed a bunch.

Be sure to disconnect the air vent line in the cap. A plug is available from any hardware store cap the line.

joshs1ofakindxj

I put my reservoir in the cab behind my seat in the corner. I can see it every time I get in and glance at it while driving. Very handy place for it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've toiled on where to put mine, guess that's why they are both still in the garage. The Cab makes tons of sense but I know me. If I put it on the firewall it forces me to at least open that side panel for a visual. I need that extra coaxing to insure I do a proper PCMS.

cbvet

Mine's in the corner by the driver's seat. I glance at it every time I get in & out.
I lose about 4 oz of fluid a year from a bad seal/gasket on the MC cap.
Too much trouble to worry about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks