• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dt466 in deuce

jrobinson5093

What would it take to put a international dt466 into a deuce. Could it be just a bolt in with the right parts, and if not would it even be worth the engine swap. What would the flexability of the fuel be also?

zout

Use to work in an International truck dealership for yrs - DT466's came in and out like they were on rubber bands.

Running them also here in 5 units with automatics behind them - nothing but problems out of them.

Now on the other hand the OEM engine in 109 - never a problem and runs like a clock (knock on wood). No fuel turned up - no WMO ran in it - pm'd on a continual basis when its time with good oil and good filters.

But - its always an option.

plym49

Anything can be put into anything else with sufficient fabrication, effort and funding.

Personally, my opinion is that it is a step backwards to give up multifuel capability. But my opinion matters not at all if your circumstances are such that you are better off with that other motor.

jrobinson5093

I would only replace the multi fuel it is came apart. But I hear nothing but good things about the old mechanical dt 466. It seems to have reasonable power and easy to work on. Im sure it could run on oil if heated.