• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Too big? think again

harleyhouse

This blog is posted on Expedition Portal by member Texas TT.
I thought it was too cool to keep from my fellow SS members.
He bought a "frankenstined" M105 and rebuilt it into a great
Little trailer for behind his toyota FJ.

I think he did a great job.
I will now look at the 105's in a different light.

Patchwork Hauler - Expedition Portal

Before and after pictures.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like he washed it with too much hot water. LOL. Smaller than a 101, larger than an M416. It's the M105 Less a half.

KsM715

If your the type of person that has the skills and tools I say why not? Looks good and a job well done.

If your the type that puts a dollar amount on your own time and labor then yes a 101 or 416 is probably cheaper.

3dAngus

Wonder where that one came from. I'm not seeing anything about it that says M105. Someone had a lot of fun with it, but with new light wiring, new axle and electric brakes, different bed, and paint, that one would go for 4Xs a M105.

Nice job.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder where that one came from. I'm not seeing anything about it that says M105. Someone had a lot of fun with it, but with new light wiring, new axle and electric brakes, different bed, and paint, that one would go for 4Xs a M105.

Nice job.
Depends on who owns it. It took alot of work (the bed is cut down). But, I would think it's way too heavy for the size of the box. I'd rather have a M416.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting that one. Your good to have around Harleyhouse. You put a lot of time into the forum. I appreciate it. [thumbzup]

I've spent more time and effort looking for specific things. Sometimes you have the itch and need to just get the job done. I'd be proud of that one.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it! That's a great combination (but hardly fits M-105 category any longer). Modifications like that are certainly a lot of work but definitely worth it to the owner!