• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mtvr ladder on my deuce

machinist75

Heres another idea I got from wsucougarex. Its the tailgate ladder off of the Marine MTVR. I purchased it from CC equipment for $25 + shipping, Ithought that was a killer deal. Basically installed in in the same place as the MTVR, making sure it would clear the troop seats when they were down and the tailgate would close without issues. The MTVR has some holes cut in the tailgate, i thought about this but thought it would be unnecessary. Used 2" angle iron for the mountong brackets. Drilled holes, primed and painted flat black. I used 7/16 grade 8 bolts, washers, and nylon lock nuts. I liked the way it turned out and it cost me about $60.

Thanks
Mike Oliver

1st. pic, MTVR
2nd. pic, ladder on wsucougarex M923
3rd. pic, harging in garage fresh coat of flat black
4th. pic, mounted on my deuce
5th. pic, close-up of mounting brackets and hardware
6th. pic, tailgate closed on my deuce

Attachments

Last edited:

machinist75

They had them on eBay, then they were gone. They had them slated to put them on some truck builds. The orders got canceled. When I ordered mine it was the last one they had. You will need to email or call them to see when they are going to get more in. I searched and couldn't find them anywhere else. If they had more I would have got them. If I see more ill post it in the thread. Good luck.[thumbzup]

machinist75

Thanks

Great job Mike! Great idea on the angle bracket[thumbzup] I may need to go back and do what you did.
Thanks Mike, I took what you did and changed it up a little bit. I thought about cutting the bed to match the MTVR, but I deemed it unnecessary. But I did think it needed a little more forward foot placement. I'm going to have to see if the sheet metal is stout enough to hold the weight. I have some 1/8 x 2" x 15" steel strips cut up if I need them for back up plates.

Thanks
Mike Oliver

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks