• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake hose failure...new hose!

59apache

Chipmaker
wow, thanks a lot! i will contact them request it. did you bring the old hose to them as a pattern?
or do they know by vehicle (REO included :) ) what hose is needed?

NoLeftTurns

I am not sure about this as a possibility, however I often use nice wonderful Swagelok at my work. This is rated at a minimum of 3000psi constantly for our applications. I'm sure its burst pressure is higher. I know they have braided stainless flex lines in various sizes. I know people here are big on made in the USA and I believe it is from Ohio or something. Probably not the most cost effective, but I think it may be what I decide to use. I need to check for compatibility with dot3. I will be looking into replacing the hard lines with 316 as well. I assume stock is carbon steel.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New brake hoses

Here is a picture of my new brake hoses. I had them made up by a local hose place, DOT rated and all that. $40 each.

Attachments

o1951

Just for kicks, when you are done making repairs, fire her up and stand hard on the brake pedal for 30 seconds.
I do that at least once a month on all my vehicles. If it blows, would have when you needed to hit brakes hard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks