• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part # for Selectro Hubs

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine don't have a # on them. But the paperwork when i bought then list them as MTF250LH. I bought them from botyce equipment and i don't know if this is boyce's # or selectro's. Hope this helps.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Part # for Selectro Hubs

Even though I know Arthur and consulted with him of the rear axle lockout, i doubt that he would share the part number with me or anyone. I am hoping to score a pair of used Selectros despite their seal design. I'm not normally in the water and don't have a problem repacking if I do go in the water. I just don't care for the appearance of the superior Ouverson hubs.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Part # for Selectro Hubs

Recovry4x4 said:
Even though I know Arthur and consulted with him of the rear axle lockout, i doubt that he would share the part number with me or anyone. I am hoping to score a pair of used Selectros despite their seal design. I'm not normally in the water and don't have a problem repacking if I do go in the water. I just don't care for the appearance of the superior Ouverson hubs.
OK, I understand...

Sorry, a bit off topic now: I just don't like it to spend a lot of $$ (+ 80% shipment&import taxes!) for a product with obvious design flaws that could have been corrected at the factory.
Not only did I have to retrofit them with thicker O-rings and special lube, also looking at the internal components, they seem to be more the size for a HD 1 ton and not a deuce!
Maybe it's supposed to act as a fuse...? I wouldn't use them on the rears! Only the massive and (too) heavy steel spacer will last forever, despite some rust... No, thanks!
Soon i'll be buying Os. (std. version). Than I can really compare and let you all know.
Regarding appearance I wish I had the exact dimensions to know how far they stick out...??? I think that's the only disadvantage???

Gerhard

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: Part # for Selectro Hubs

Gerhard, in my humble opinion, that is the only disadvantage of the O's. Other than that they are a fantastic set of hubs.If I were running singles and wider wheels I would be all over the O's but with stock tires and such, they stick way out. Good luck and if you don't mind, report back on the side by side comparison.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, thanks Kenny.
Yes, they will be used on a "singled" truck, this time with 14" wide tires on 12x20 custom wheels. So there should be around 4 inches before they start sticking out.

BTW, if it wasn't for the distance, you could have my S. real cheap...! :)
But I'm positive you'll find some soon.

Good luck!

Gerhard

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, that sounds like the 11166-01 hub. Should be 16 spline 1.66 or 1.61 (can't recall) dia.

jatonka

Kenny, my understanding is Mile Marker bought Selectro and discontinued the Selectro Hub line. I can get the Selectro part number if you really need it. PM me. John T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks