• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 is Home

Lextreme

After getting the greenlight from the wife I got this 1975 M109 from a local seller. I was looking at GL but the hassel, the wait, the paper work, the flights and shipping just not worth my time. This seller is a member of SS and extremely cool. This van has an incredible engine. It starts right up with just one push and no leak. He has done alot inside the box already but I will do some upgrades like folding bunk beds, AC, Heater, TV, PS3, Custom cabinets and so on. New paint will be the final step. Right now we are working on mounting a bracket for the Odessey seats (seats 4 in the box) and will sleep 5.

This is going to be a nice All Terrain Camper.....

Attachments

Last edited:

Lextreme

Finally spent one complete week doing the seat brackets and two bunks. Now it is officially can seat 4 adults with 4 point seat belt and sleep two adults and two kids.

Attachments

gungearz

There is a thread somewhere that a guy professionally built a RV out of the back of a 109 with shower, running water, RV park hook ups, full kitchen, heat/ac, and so on... Maybe some of those ideas will help you do some more upgrades... Nice truck and keep posting picture. Step by steps and pictures are even better.

lawdog1623

nice 109 brother, you're giving me ideas for mine...but geeeeeeez i would much rather have those seats up front. Whats the idea behind that? what did those seats come out of?

Lextreme

Nice!

Is your "rear compartment" seating legal? Does California require a passageway from cab to box to carry passengers? Just wondering.

Wishing you the best with your new toy.
I have two kids and a wife. This M109 is registered as Motor Home. So it is totally legal to seat in the box. Secondly I have have 4 point seat belts. I really like the capability of putting the beds away when not being use.

FYI: Took me 4 minutes to transfer the title at AAA and only costing me $154 a year for insurance.

Lextreme

nice 109 brother, you're giving me ideas for mine...but geeeeeeez i would much rather have those seats up front. Whats the idea behind that? what did those seats come out of?
Those are 2011 Honda Odessy Seats. However, Toyota Previa from 1993 to 1997 would be perfect. Previa seats woudl rotate front and back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks