• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation Sparta Recovery

Ma Duce

Well here we go again. Tommorow we are heading up to Sparta to stage for the recovery of my 923. Finishing up the check list and loading up the truck with little things like oil, anti-freeze and such.

Quicy trip to Farm and Fleet to get a few extra items and we'll be set. Gonna hook up with Monica's dad and check out his 5 ton before he gets there if all goes well. Then a road trip home.

Instead of trying to get up at 0 dark 30, and doing an all day turn and burn, gonna go up the night before since it is a 9am pick up appointment.

Besides, there is a local resteraunt owed by a retired CSM that makes for good company and drinks till closing.

Just got my insurance papers from my agent for the new truck and things are starting to come together.

yea -- I know this is worthless without pics..... pics upon deployment and reaching FSB.

Ma Duce

Arrived around 19:00. Steak house was closed so dinner and beers at the china king.

We wil be at it in the AM. Hoping thattraffic we saw going south bound was just the weekend touristsas going home.

More to follow. . .

ranchhopper

If possible and you have the time could you look over the 1008 I won last week lot 7401 I was thinking of tow barring it home and was wondering if it had any flat tires and still had a spare with it. Also since it was not running I was interested in finding out if they ruined the driveshaft by forklifting it on and off the truck that brought it in thanks.

Ma Duce

Ranch, sorry i didnt get your msg earlier i didnt get a chance to check since we staeted out with one dead truck and one with a flat and one low tire

ryan77

If possible and you have the time could you look over the 1008 I won last week lot 7401 I was thinking of tow barring it home and was wondering if it had any flat tires and still had a spare with it. Also since it was not running I was interested in finding out if they ruined the driveshaft by forklifting it on and off the truck that brought it in thanks.

Yours is the one with the blown motor and trans missing!!!!!:-D

ranchhopper

Well since the starter relays were laying on the floor in the pics Im sure the starter is shot along with the batteries that had disappeared maybe a bad driveshaft from the forklift we all know if they dont run the forklift gets them.

Ma Duce

Ranch -- sorry again for not trying to make a post from the GL lot and catch your message to me. I wish I would have caught it to help a fellow SSer.

Aside fromt that, got to the GL and checked in, Seth was a help as always. Got out to the truck and started looking her over. Tires were good, nothing to major looked out of place. The inside however, looks like an infantry platoon was living in the cab. Mud everywhere.

Popped/tilted the hood, and started looking around, oil is ok, but started noticing a lot of mud in places. Looks like someone took it out for a joy ride.

Flipped the switches and nothing, she's dead. Seth's CUCV coiuldn't get it to turn over much, so we set out to work on Mark's truck.

It had a rear flat and another low. Checked it out quick and it popped right off. Seth had a airhose, mine didn't have a glad hand on it. But offered to "fix" his as it didn't have a quick connect or lock-on air chuck. After a couple of minutes, he has a new rig to use around the yard.

Tires aired up and we moved it over to my truck and proceeded to jump it, and wella, she popped right off.

Let her run for a bit then took it around the yard to test her out. So far so good.

Added some fuel to get us to the truck stop and things are looking up.

Mark showed up, added some more air to his tires and off we went.

more later, butt's sore and cold beer sounds good.

Attachments

Last edited:

ryan77

Looks like a nice truck!:drool: Congrats! Dont worry about Kevin im sure he can find a tow truck for his....:-D

ranchhopper

Not a problem I thought I might be a little late with my request I have a person moving it off the base this week so I can go up and tow bar it home nice trucks by the way I got my 923 up there you will like it I drive mine all over the place.

Ma Duce

Ok so parked it on the drive last night and shut her off, then went to crank it back up and no deal, batteries are dead. So there goes a Sunday project.

this morning i got up and noticed a puddle under the passenger front side of the axel. The back side of the tire has gear lube splattered on it, the fender well does not have much so it must have happened close to home sine nothing like that showed up at either pit stop we made, as we looked over the trucks when we got out.

Any body got any idea, my bet is a seal of some sort, but not sure how big a job it is going to be. . .

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks