• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 gauge installation

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Skinny;

I have a brand new HMMWV tach but like yourself, I can't figure out how to make it work, or where to mount the dang thang. I think I will post it in the classifieds and go with the ISS tach along with new HMMWV oil pressure and temp guages.

Let us know what you decide to do.

cscmc1

That ISS tach is sharp; any idea what sort of sender it uses? The TinyTach is appealing in it's simplicity, but in little else. The ISS tach looks the part, and is very affordable. I just wonder how compatible the sender will be.

Skinny

I think the ISS requires a magnetic trigger on the harmonic balancer. The HMMWV tach input should hook to the alternator lead that has the little rubber boot on top of it. I want to say it's a gray or black wire. I will post up when I get mine.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The aircraft tach will fit in the diagnostic bracket really well. You need to hog out the holes just a little bit, but otherwise it should fit really well. I have an aircraft clock in mine, and a similar looking oil pressure gauge waiting to install in another diagnostic bracket I picked up.

http://www.topohiker.com/news/newspics/CUCV/Clock.png

Attachments

richter1978

I ran a mechanical Sunpro gauge in my 09, took the location from the water pump plug, mounted the gauge itself next to the voltmeter, works sweeet.
I would like to do this set up, it looks real clean, but was curious about whether or not the temp reading would be correct. Is it important where the sender is in relation to water flow, before or after radiator?

HOWEY

I would like to do this set up, it looks real clean, but was curious about whether or not the temp reading would be correct. Is it important where the sender is in relation to water flow, before or after radiator?
This is a good posistion because you can monitor the coolant in the block heating up and can see the gauge drop down the minute the thermostat opens fully and circulates tru the rad.
The peace of mind is worth it also.

Frank404s

Hello all,
I read here about the posibility to retrofit the temp sensor to the waterpump and so the "idiot light" function can be kept.
THAT IS NICE!
The water temp sensor I can buy over here in Germany has a 1/8" thread and a 3/8" and 1/2" adapter.
Could you guys plese tell me if one of that fits to the hole in the waterpump?

My second question is about the Oil pressure sensor.
The pressure sensor I can get has a 1/8" thread and a 1/4" adapter.
Does that fit? And did I get that right, that the sensor I have to replace is at the rear end of the engine block (drivers side) near the firewall?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Frank

PS: By the way - maybe somebody of you can explain it to me: Why is the engine capacity specified in litre (metric) but "the rest of the engine" (e.g. threads) are in inch?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks