• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Lower Radiator Hose

pdefatta

I have looked and looked but have not found any resolution on where to get the lower radiator hose for the M1010. Mine is stock with both alternators.

Any new information on a supplier for this hose?

Philip

M1010
M1009
M35A2

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the tech parts manual TM 9-2320-289-20P, the GM part number is 14067763. Any parts house should be able to cross it.

Or do as Westech said. Just get one for 1984 Chevy K30 pickup with the 6.2L diesel

pdefatta

I've spent 2 weeks with NAPA, ORiely and a Local Parts Store. It turns out that the hose is different than a m1009 hose or others because of the way the alternators mount. The typical hose from a K30 gets hit by the alt belt.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know what to tell you. Just looking at the Tech manuals, the hoses should be the same.

Maybe a M1010 owner will chime in.

Are you sure your truck is stock?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1010 lower rad hose

I will get to the ambubus later to see if the original hose has a legible number.

I hate to say 'try this' but if your hose is S shaped, has approx. 1 3/4" on one end and 2" on the other...........

Try this:

Dayco 711-45

Got the info from our local Part Stop in Spruce Grove.

If you can provide the part numbers that "DO NOT" work, we can eliminate a few.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
• Do not post links to GL/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item.

dennisS

After months of searching for a lower hose I found one here. Not cheap ($58) but it was the right one. I had called everyone including GM and no one had the right hose. The cross reference number does not work. I explained what I was looking for and they had them.M35 For Sale. Deuces for Sale Turbo Diesel, Army Trucks, Logging, Heavy Trucks, Off-Road Big Trucks, Four Wheel Drive, Parts, Truck Parts, M35 parts, M35A2 parts, Deuce and a half parts, Reo parts, 5 ton parts, M900 parts, military vehicles for sale,

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a heads up!

I made this mistake. Bought the Gates hose and about 10 miles later blew it out. I didn't notice interference when I installed it, but it flexed in use and... *pop*

My fix.

I cut about 3" off the radiator end on the hose, then secured it to the radiator..

This required stretching the hose to make it seat properly on the block nipple...

This gave it the required clearance from the belt.

This presented a new problem, where the hose was rubbing on the fan shroud, but a small piece of unused fuel line with a slit cut in it to allow it to seat on the fan shroud lip, fixed that issue. You could trim the fan shroud as well.

jpg

Pictures of how the standard radiator hose rubs the lower alternator belt on the M1010.

beltRubHose2.jpgbeltRubHose1.jpg

A previous post mentions that EASTERN SURPLUS AND EQUIPMENT COMPANY had M1010-specific lower radiator hoses for $58. A part number would be most welcome, in case there are less expensive sources. I might be able to twist/torment/trim this to avoid rubbing. I need a shorter belt anyway. I can't get the old one tight enough. I'll try again tomorrow with the shorter belt. Perhaps that will make a difference.

Dayco says the standard hose is 1 3/4 X 2 1/16 X 17". They have generic hoses 1 3/4 X 2 X 16.5 and 19". I'm thinking I might try the 19" hose, and see if I can route that around the belts.

Last edited:

jpg

I cut 2 inches off the radiator end of the hose. That got me clear of the belt and foul of the fan shroud. A few inches of split fuel line will take care of that.
photo (2).jpgphoto 1 (4).jpg

Last edited: