• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing a M146 with a M931A1 ?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does any one know if you can pull a M146 trailer with a M931A1 and will the tries clear the landing gear?

Any pics to show it?

indy4x4fab

Banned
Yes, a five ton can hook to it and pull it, take your turns WIDE, my 16r20s wouldn't let me turn tight but I could turn with it hooked. The tires will touch the foot pads if you try to take it to sharp.

Pulled this one for KD a few months back. Very nice trailers to pull.

Attachments

Csm Davis

Does the landing gear fold? On some trailers like my m971 the legs can be folded I had to do this with my homemade deuce tractor but not my 818 with 14.00 x 20s.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure of the setback of the kingpin on the M146, but it looks similar to the M128 (comparing Sarge's trailer to mine with no tape measure available), so....

On my M931A2 (14.00 tires) I flip the M128 landing pads back vertically on the landing gear and strap them upright, they clear with a few inches to spare.

They do NOT clear if you leave them down, and WILL catch the tire tread and bend if you forget!
Please don't ask how I know this...:oops:

Cheers

Attachments

goldneagle

I'm not sure of the setback of the kingpin on the M146, but it looks similar to the M128 (comparing Sarge's trailer to mine with no tape measure available), so....

On my M931A2 (14.00 tires) I flip the M128 landing pads back vertically on the landing gear and strap them upright, they clear with a few inches to spare.

They do NOT clear if you leave them down, and WILL catch the tire tread and bend if you forget!
Please don't ask how I know this...:oops:

Cheers
Sounds like it is a 14.00 tire issue not a M931 issue. Since the M931 comes with 11.00 tires they may not hit the landing leg plates? :deadhorse:

Mark3395

I've lowered the feet to clear the tread but expect to find that it leaves them so low they smack the ground. 1400s on the trailer might help?

The large angle of the trailer really stresses the kingpin on turns so I removed the wedges of the 5th wheel to allow it to articulate.