• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure reading

thj327

I have 71 m35a2 with the d turbo. Oil pressure quit reading would come and go jig you tapped the gauge. Swapped gauges wih new 120 psi, that's what was in there.during first startup oil gauge will normal in rpms around 90 mark or above and at idle around 60 mark. But after running for a while and at operating temp. The gauge will around 0 psi at idle but during driving gauge will read normally. No knocking noises or abnormal noises present. Didn't know if this could just be sendin unit issue or something else. No, I have not put a manual gauge in yet to see the difference

jamawieb

I have the same issue but I've changed my sending unit but it still reads 0 after normal operating temps have been reached. Make sure you check your oil often because you could me making oil with a leaking hydraulic head, flame heater or fuel boost pump. I've changed evrything on mine except the booster pump seal, it's not making enough oil or any at all to justify taking the booster pump off. I have not put a manual gauge on it yet. FYI: If your making oil, diesel is entering the crankcase and thinning the oil giving you the low oil readings. Hope this helps.

DieselBob

One item that might be worth checking if it doesn't appear you have a oil dilution issue is the oil pressure regulator. If the spring is getting weak or the plunger sticking in the bore it could cause a low pressure problem. In [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]TM 9-2320-361-34, Sec 3-13, page 3-40 [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]it explains how to test the springs in the regulator.[/FONT]

shenkmen

gungearz

I have a 60psi gauge in mine. It had a 120psi gauge and always read dangerously low. Turned out the original owner installed the wrong gauge...

Last edited: