• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker body replacement chains

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have started to analyse all the different chains used on my M816 as some are missing and others just need replacing.

Managed to find the first few at Tractor Supply, so I have listed/pictured them below for anyone else that needs replacements - by the foot!

Wrecker chains.jpg Drg updated - see post #3

There are way more than I initially thought and there doesn't seem to be any rhym or reason why so many types of chain are used..

Welding bottles, Locker lids, outrigger L pins, shipper brace clips, boom jack pins, T pins, padlocks, steering wheel lock, glad hand covers, battery box handles.....

Anyone think of any I have missed?

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet Z!!!!!!!!!!!! I have lots of chain to replace and this is on my list. Thank you for shareing :)

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More chains

Update on the chains..

Found #1 and 1/0 double twist chain at another Tractor Supply today. #1 is used on the Glad Hand covers, size 1/0 is too big.
Could not find the 'L' Pin chains for the Stabiliser legs, but they should be Machine Straight or Coil Twist #1 - I have twist on the front two legs and straight on the rear two!

No chains on the welding bottles. Other chains to check out tomorrow.

Drawing updated.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks